XF 1.3 Quick question

isaiahv

I have guy working on my forum just to change the colors and make them similar to another site.

I gave him access to Styles. He says he needs ftp or cpanel details to access css files. Is this true? Or is this a red flag?

He is saying ftp will be easier so he could download and open in dreamweaver and worked on it. Does this make sense?

I have guy working on my forum just to change the colors and make them similar to another site.

I gave him access to Styles. He says he needs ftp or cpanel details to access css files. Is this true? Or is this a red flag?

He is saying ftp will be easier so he could download and open in dreamweaver and worked on it. Does this make sense?
You dont need ftp or cpanel access to access the css files. Its all in the templates section in the ACP.

thats what I thought. How would dreamweaver help? All I'm asking him to do is copy the color of another xenforo forum.
DreamWeaver is a HTML editor. Hes not really moving html objects is he? If he is only changing the colour of the forum, then the ACP css files are all he needs. Certainly doesnt need ftp or cpanel access. If he is asking for those things, he might not have a clue on what hes doing.

Dang, he said he has years of experience with xenforo. So I gave him access. Then later he said he needed access to the other parts I mentioned. So this guy probably doesn't know what he is doing. dang

....or doesn't understand how XenForo works.

I've dealt with similar cases where a designer is asking for some form of access other than XenForo ACP. (only in cases where new graphics are applied, they may get limited FTP ability)

Once I educate them about how XF works, they have no problem doing all changes in the ACP, except custom graphics uploads.

How long do you guys think it should take to complete changing the colors? Like what estimated range?
A few hours? Depends what he is doing i.e. updating the individual style properties or doing it all in extra.css. You are far better off getting someone from here to do things you dont fully understand. Or ask for help and people will help you out. Better off learning lil things like that yourself in the long run.

which is quicker extra.css or individual style? basically I only want to change the color of my site to look like digital point.com
Modify most by style properties and then any tweaks via EXTRA.css. I do most of mine in EXTRA.css - but I have a Shelley'esqe EXTRA.css (one is about 2300 lines now).

Top Bottom