XF 2.1 Quick question where to find...

beerForo

In my style I have the
  • Quote body background
  • Reactions bar background
  • Attachment box background
...all grey, but 3 different greys and want 1... I can fix this in extra.less, but is there somewhere in the style settings that controls all 3, or some of them, so I can change it there? Thanks!

Last edited:
No that's not it. I just wondered if one box controlled all 3, or if I have to change all 3 separately in extra.less? Or with one class? I wondered because XF seems to have one color for the 3, but I have 3 different greys in mine. Would like to just use one.

Let me ask this way, it's easier...

In Styles >> (your style) >> Style Properties

Which settings control the following?
  • Quote body background
Thanks

So anyone know where to find this color in the style properties? I wish there was a way to reverse-engineer a class to be able to find what controls what. Thanks

In my style I have the
  • Quote body background
...all grey, but 3 different greys and want 1... I can fix this in extra.less, but is there somewhere in the style settings that controls all 3, or some of them, so I can change it there? Thanks!
Reaction bar and Attachment blocks use the minorBlockContent property, you can view this is the template (attachment.less and core.less)

1592603685487.webp
1592603704527.webp

It's not immediately obvious what that does to the average user but if you use the ACP search (top right) it will lead you to the correct property.
1592603799309.webp

Clicking that link will direct you to the property you need. Once there you can see the background is designated with @xf-contentAltBg. At this point you're probably thinking what the hell is @xf-contentAltBg?? Well again we'll need to use the ACP search to find out what it does. ;)

1592603982908.webp

Following that link will take you to the Basic colors properties page where you will see Alternate content background color field with a value set something like this (Default style): xf-intensify(@xf-contentBg, 3.5%)

As for the BBCode block, it has it's own property. So basically use the same method above to find what you need.
1592604397601.webp

This was a bit more explanation than what was probably needed but hopefully it can help others too.

Also, on the Default style all 3 of those areas (blocks) background are controlled by the contentAltBg property or the Alternate content background color field.

:)

Top Bottom