• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quick question - can I host xenforo on my NAS?

SneakyDave

Yes, it should work fine with any mountable file system than can be referenced I would guess, as long as you have permission to make the required permission changes on a couple of directories.

Thought you could host your website so long as you have a static IP and not a dynamic IP like me, as my IP keeps changing and is not the same IP every time... which for me is a bit annoying as I cannot host my own website but its good in a way as I dont have webhost headache troubles.

You can use dyndns and have a free host account ( xxxx.dyndns.org name or similar) at dyndns. you can afaik have you own domain point to you dyndns accounts which check you dynamic ip address.

whynot

Thought you could host your website so long as you have a static IP and not a dynamic IP like me, as my IP keeps changing and is not the same IP every time... which for me is a bit annoying as I cannot host my own website but its good in a way as I dont have webhost headache troubles.
Many ISPs with dynamic IPs give an option to have a static address for a few dollars.