1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question - can I host xenforo on my NAS?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Halcyon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

2. Sergei

Sergei Member

It has Apache and MySQL server, so you probably can. You just need to make sure that following PHP extensions are enabled: MySQLi, GD, PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype.
    EQnoble and Halcyon like this.
  3. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Thanks, I need to do a bit more searching around me thinks.
  4. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Yes, it should work fine with any mountable file system than can be referenced I would guess, as long as you have permission to make the required permission changes on a couple of directories.
    EQnoble likes this.
  5. Toxic

Toxic Member

I added xenForo as a test installation onto my QNAP. seems to run fine and had no problem with installation.
  6. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Should run fine as long as you listen to what others in this thread have said :).
    Mikey likes this.
  7. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Isn't there a script around you can run to check system compatiability?
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. kuyenmotdivad

kuyenmotdivad Active Member

Thought you could host your website so long as you have a static IP and not a dynamic IP like me, as my IP keeps changing and is not the same IP every time... which for me is a bit annoying as I cannot host my own website but its good in a way as I dont have webhost headache troubles.
  10. Toxic

Toxic Member

You can use dyndns and have a free host account ( xxxx.dyndns.org name or similar) at dyndns. you can afaik have you own domain point to you dyndns accounts which check you dynamic ip address.
    EQnoble likes this.
  11. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Many ISPs with dynamic IPs give an option to have a static address for a few dollars.