Duplicate Quick mentioning

igrec

Can we have a quick mentioning someone, please. A click on the username in threads does the same thing as the click on avatar. I think if would be nice to have something different and useful.
If one clicks the nickname it jumps into the quick answer with @ in the front. Vuala

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Inconsistent and unintuitive, I feel.

If you want to directly respond to, or mention someone, usually it's more relevant and obvious to quote their post.

Inconsistent and unintuitive, I feel.

If you want to directly respond to, or mention someone, usually it's more relevant and obvious to quote their post.

Probably, but most of the users with vB backgroud remember that hook it was called 'quick nickname' or something similar. It was really popular and we loved it. Quoting is good, but as far as we have got this new mentioning ability, I think it would be great to have a click as well.

I'm not adverse to a button appearing next to "Reply" called "Tag".

But the action of clicking the username is probably not ideal. The username usually takes you to their profile or member card so it should do that everywhere.

There is a habit people have of quoting where a lot of the time it is unnecessary. A bit like this thread for example :D

It's just me and you discussing a potential feature and you've quoted my post. Not too bad in this instance, but often entire lengthy posts are quoted which wastes space - especially on mobiles... at least they have a maximum height now in 1.2 :)

It actually doesn't matter what to click. It could be avatar as well or even that little nickname under the post. ;)

Who is going to be better at this software then the creators themselves? :rolleyes: The problem with 3rd part devs is: one day they will abandon their hooks. So we doomed.

Can we have a quick mentioning someone, please. A click on the username in threads does the same thing as the click on avatar. I think if would be nice to have something different and useful.
If one clicks the nickname it jumps into the quick answer with @ in the front. Vuala

Excellent idea.
This is a logical extension to the tagging system.
Very social.
It would also encourage replying to individuals (ie. using the tagging system).

Hardly does xenforo need *ANOTHER* way to access the membercard.
It's more logical to click the avatar to bring up the membercard.

+CORE.

@Brogan

It's not just a user name.
The post bit has a user name that is just a user name.
You've pulled the hotlink out of it's context: using a Member's name within the context of a threaded discussion.
98% of the time or more, I would want clicking on a user's name in a reply to enable me to reply to them.
If someone wants to see a user's membercard they can click on the name in the Post Bit.

@igrec: Great idea.

Top Bottom