XF 2.2 Quick handling of permissions

urivil

Peace,
Apologies in advance for my broken English
I recently moved my forum from the PHPBB platform.
There are some things that were convenient for me to use in the previous configuration, and I would love to know if I can perform them on the new platform.

1. Can I easily find all users belonging to a particular category? For example, how do I quickly see all restricted users whose messages need administrator approval?
2. Is it possible to quickly add users to a group, without having to go into the settings of each user individually?
3. Where do I find the edit button of each post? I find an option to warn, delete, view IP address, but do not see how I can edit.

This is for now, I would be very grateful for any answers.
Thank you

1. Can I easily find all users belonging to a particular category? For example, how do I quickly see all restricted users whose messages need administrator approval?
It isn't possible to search all users for a specific permission.

If you use user groups to restrict permissions then you can search against a user group.

2. Is it possible to quickly add users to a group, without having to go into the settings of each user individually?
Unless you have some automated promotions, the only way to do it manually is via the user edit page.

3. Where do I find the edit button of each post? I find an option to warn, delete, view IP address, but do not see how I can edit.
You need to have the relevant moderator permission.
Note that in XF administrator and moderator roles are separate - users can be one, or the other, or both.

If you use user groups to restrict permissions then you can search against a user group.
Is there a way I can click on a particular group, for example "a group that can not send private messages", and watch at once all those who belong to that group?
Thank you, appreciate your time

Unless you have some automated promotions, the only way to do it manually is via the user edit page.
I did not fully understand the proposed solution. There are about 200 users I want to put in a group that does not have private messages. I have no way to do it quickly? I have to go through each and every user on his or her own and define him or her as a member of this group?
In PHPBB forums there is an option to open the group, then write in a row many names of different users, and include them in the group. In this system there is no such option?

Thanks

No, that option doesn't exist in XF.

If there is something unique about those 200 members then you can use a promotion targeting that or use the batch update users function, otherwise they have to be added manually.

No, that option doesn't exist in XF.

If there is something unique about those 200 members then you can use a promotion targeting that or use the batch update users function, otherwise they have to be added manually.
Another question at your disposal on these issues.
There is a group called "new user". Where can I change the rules Who is a new user belonging to this group?
I would like for example, that each new user who registers for the site will belong to the group of "new user" for ten days, and will be restricted to this group, and then automatically leave this group and move to another group.
How can I do that?

Many thanks

@Brogan
Hi, I wanted to ask you some questions about permissions again
I really appreciate your special patience

1. I'm migrating from the PHPBB forum. Do the permissions that were there go to the Xenforo forum automatically or do you have to set all the permissions again.
2. Today I have a node that only those with 200 messages or more are allowed to see. According to my understanding, to do this I need to do the following: 1. Creation of a new group. 2. Promotion of a user group after 200 messages to this new group. 3. Setting the node to be viewable only for this new group.
Is this the right thing to do?
3. When I do the order of these actions, will it affect the users imported from PHPBB automatically, every user with 200 messages will be in this group and will be allowed to view this forum, or will it only apply to new users from here on out, and to apply it to existing users I should use in a batch?

Thank you,
Understanding a permission system always takes me time...

Top Bottom