I've got 3 forums currently running on vBulletin 3.x platforms with various add-ons including vBAdvanced, DJ's media embedding and others. I've held off changing things as long as I could, but I think I'm getting close to the point where it's time to move/upgrade.
Some specific questions about potentially migrating my forums to XenForo:
1. Does XenForo (or any add-on/mod) offer any means to develop a home page showing recent threads (just titles, authors, etc. - not paragraphs of content from each thread/post)? See home page on http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com for an example of what I'm looking for.
2. Does XenForo (or any add-on/mod) offer any means to develop additional non-forum content pages similar to how vBAdvanced works?
3. Does XenForo (or any add-on/mod) offer media embedding (YouTube, etc)?
4. Can we create custom smilies and bbcodes in XenForo like we can in vB?
5. How does XenForo handle integration with ad code (AdSense)? Is it a template edit exercise? I currently have ad code on my forums wrapped with a bit of code so that it only shows to visitors (not to logged in members). Is this easy to do with XenForo?
6. I'm currently using TapaTalk to enable members to access my forums from their mobile devices. Does Xenforo offer a native solution for this functionality, or would TapaTalk (or an alternative) still be necessary?
7. I'm also currently using vBSEO. It would be nice if there were an easy means to redirect vBSEO urls to XenForo urls after conversion. Is there support for doing this?
8. Any other comments or advice from people who have made similar moves from modded vb 3.x forums to Xenforo? Anything I'm missing that was a challenge you solved?
9. Lastly, does XenForo offer customization services to help fix templates, etc. to achieve a similar look to existing forums?