Questions about tracking thread creation in a certain forum?

Hi,

I have a question. I'm planning my forum launch and I'll be hiring 10 forum posters from my industry to start
creating content on a daily basis and I want to start advertising on google adwords but I want to track a few things.

1. Is it possible to track certain usergroups as conversions? Since I have a free, silver and gold membership.
2. Is it also possible to track if they post threads or posts in certain forums?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Amro

2. Is it also possible to track if they post threads or posts in certain forums?
Do you mean receive a table of stats per user or per forum? on a daily/hourly/weekly basis. I think that could be interesting if you don't have time to track them via the advanced search, or their profile latest activity. Or even just the thread list per forum unless there are so many you cannot keep track.

I would like to track everything as conversions in Google Analytics. Since I will be promoting my site through AdWords too, I want to be able to see where my members signups come from, where my premium member signups come from but also where my content creators come from so I want to be able to track posts/threads as conversions in Google Analytics.

To be honest, I find it quite special that no one asked this before since engagement and activity are the lifeblood of each forum.

To be honest, I find it quite special that no one asked this before since engagement and activity are the lifeblood of each forum.
Well, I still don't fully understand what exactly you do want to track in GA, but I think most forum owners don't hire paid posters and/or invest in AdWords so there isn't that much need for tracking.

That being said, you can (technically, might not be that easy legally) of course track
  • New user registrations
  • User upgrade purchases
  • Posts (in certain forums)
as events or conversions in GA.

How this can be accomplished is documented in GA documentation, you will have to add the necessary JS snippets to your forum.

Top Bottom