Questions about new resources sidebar block

jauburn

Couple of questions about the New Resources sidebar block.

First, I can't seem to get this to display at all. Is there perhaps a conflict with the widget framework?

Second, is there a way to get the sidebar block to display random resources rather than just new ones?

Thanks!

If you are using the wf add-on sidebar then that will be why it doesn't display.
You would need to add a new renderer for it.

It's not possible to display random entries.

It's not possible to display random entries.

The reason I asked about this is that there's not enough activity in my resources section to warrant having a sidebar block that pretty much always display the same recent entries. However, a sidebar block that displayed random entries from the resources area might attract more attention to the area and hence promote activity. So I think a random option for the sidebar block would be useful, in the same way that you can specify "random media" for the media add-on.

The reason I asked about this is that there's not enough activity in my resources section to warrant having a sidebar block that pretty much always display the same recent entries. However, a sidebar block that displayed random entries from the resources area might attract more attention to the area and hence promote activity. So I think a random option for the sidebar block would be useful, in the same way that you can specify "random media" for the media add-on.
Make it a suggestion!

Top Bottom