1. I'm still a HUGE fan of the sw. Getting my forums and content organized into the new system has been great except for the following
2. The add/ons and resources seem to be very inconsistent with how they are installed. Yes, I know that you upload them into the library directory but some developers have subfolders within their zip files, and I've tried all kinds of different ways of installing add/ons with various sucessses and sometimes wasting hours or days trying to figure out where the files go on trying to get different addons going
3. Would it be possible to ask developers of add ons to add a quick read me to each zip file which clearly designates how/which folders are uploaded and where they go?
4. For example, I'd love to use or try the BBCM code add on, but there is a BBCM_1.3.2 folder, which then opens up to BBCM_1.3.2 folder which then has to folders 1-Upload and 2-xml add on. Open up the upload and there's a js, library , and styles subfolder (Just a simple upload this directory to ___place where it goes) would really be helpful. It's so frustrating to waste days on this and finally figure it out after trial and error. I've tried numerous combos and still get errors when trying to install this one.
5. I still can't get the BBCM to install, so then I tried the AddOnInstaller --- great idea btw. But the BBCM is not supported apparently because I get the message "There is no upload directory found within this archive. This add on does not suppor the Add-On-Installer." Ok, so the auto-install couldn't find the directory either....
Anyway, don't get me wrong. I'm quite appreciative for all the great coders here, but not all of us have a coding background. And even if I did, just having concise instructions goes a long way.
If anyone knows how to install the BBCM please advise. Thank you.