1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question I guess for Ashley, customer group - should we make separate purchases for each Admin?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Jethro, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

We are planning on buying a few licences but would like two or three of our Admins in the Customer group post purchase. Should we buy licences separately using each Admin's login or can we make a single purchase of multiple licences and nominate the licence holders?

Hopefully that makes sense.

2. Facepalmx2

Facepalmx2 Active Member

You mean kind of like vBulletin's "priority support" list in their members area, right?

3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I hope there is something similar to the priority support that was on vBulletin; I have at least two people who are likely to need access for my project.

4. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I'm with ServInt hosting now and they have something called 'trusted' and 'portal' contacts which you can add via their control panel. One group has full access including permission to contact support and do purchases and the other one is a view only group. View only group can be used to allow potential second hand license buyers to verify our licenses. Imo xF should support both these groups. :)

5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Sorry not a vBulletin user so no idea what the "priority support" feature is, but sounds about right I think.

6. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

You're able to specify emails so that their account will have access to view modifications and such, and download them as if they were a license holder.

Jethro likes this.
  7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Sort of like the ips Alternate Contact that you can add in you ips client area.

Jethro likes this.
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Buy each individual license under a different account if it's different people. If you do it all under one account its 5 X 1 = 5 Priority User Slots. If you do it under each account for each admin then each admin has the option to add 5 users to their list 3 X 5 = 15 Priority Slots