Question for the Big Boards regarding Adsense $100 a day possible?

Right - that can work...BUT, a bidding system with relatively low minimum will end up giving you a much lower price than yearly rates for a client who wants targeted ads. It always depends on the type of site. For instance, a site which is about power tools is likely to be able to get much more from a individually sold client than from a bidding system.
Well ultimately it's about supply and demand... if you have the demand to support the supply, the actual cost rises as people bid it up. Of course you could just set a minimum bid if you were using a bidding system... for example you could set a $50/CPM minimum bid or $10/CPC if you really wanted. :)

But yeah... obviously it depends on the market, if you have the demand to support the supply, etc.

We see examples of it within our own site... like running ads within certain areas (Web Hosting, Affiliate Programs, etc.) sometimes costs the advertiser $70/CPM even though the minimum bid we set is $1... simply because certain areas have way more demand than supply. Now if only I could get $70/CPM for all pages.... :)

2. This has nothing to do with AdSense, but when we started selling ads directly to advertisers, our overall ad revenue went up about 500% (without adding an extra placements), so I wouldn't ignore that. It just depends on if your site is popular enough that people are wanting to advertise on it directly. I ended up building a system to manage it all (that way it's all a hands-off [for me], self-help system for advertisers): http://advertising.digitalpoint.com/ It became popular enough with advertisers just on digitalpoint.com that they were asking to use the system on their own sites, so I rebuilt it so other sites can use it too.

Where can I find the xenforo addon for digital point ads? Going to try to set this up over the weekend.

Thanks

Where can I find the xenforo addon for digital point ads? Going to try to set this up over the weekend.
For normal banners you don't need any addon, just copy/paste the ad serving JavaScript. There *is* a XenForo addon for some of the tighter integration (like allowing advertisers to target their adds to specific forums, or different ad types like inline keyword-based ads). You can a download to optionally install it once you set up your site as a publisher in the system.

I make about $200-300 a month with adsense and it is from 2 sites and youtube ads. Youtube kills it if you get a video to go viral.

I ended up building a system to manage it all (that way it's all a hands-off [for me], self-help system for advertisers): http://advertising.digitalpoint.com/ It became popular enough with advertisers just on digitalpoint.com that they were asking to use the system on their own sites, so I rebuilt it so other sites can use it too.

FYI, there's a typo in the "I want to sell ad space button". It says .../publisher.phps=... where it should say .../publisher.php?&s=...

Well so far the results are just astonishing with the Digital Point plugin. AdSense revenue first increased by 200% just by enabling it for guests. We recently enabled it for members with less than 50 posts. We got no complaints from members at all and get this: AdSense revenue now increased 1000% in total.

My suggestion for the plugin would be: add another field for an extra AdSense banner in the last post of each thread page (if a thread has more than x posts). I'm even willing to pay for that, since I'm sure it will pay itself back in a day.

Well so far the results are just astonishing with the Digital Point plugin. AdSense revenue first increased by 200% just by enabling it for guests. We recently enabled it for members with less than 50 posts. We got no complaints from members at all and get this: AdSense revenue now increased 1000% in total.

My suggestion for the plugin would be: add another field for an extra AdSense banner in the last post of each thread page (if a thread has more than x posts). I'm even willing to pay for that, since I'm sure it will pay itself back in a day.

Isn't it annoying to users though? I tried for a little bit but it seemed very intrusive... didn't keep it going long enough to see a change in revenue. Maybe i'll try again.

Isn't it annoying to users though? I tried for a little bit but it seemed very intrusive... didn't keep it going long enough to see a change in revenue. Maybe i'll try again.
It depends I think. If you go from no ads to very visible ads, yes it's going to feel more annoying to users. People don't like changes, especially not if it involves ads. We have been showing ads since the early years and more prominent than the adsense ads. I think the main thing that makes it work though is having a lot of guests/new registrations and not showing ads inside posts to the regular members since they are far more sensitive to it.

With over 115,000 members not a single one complained and activity is the same or slightly higher. Actually one member complimented me about how the ads are implemented.

i would love to make $100 a day, but i think my site maybe to small for that, i do make around $230 a month though.

It increased dramatically since i started using Digital Point's Ad Positioning, although using vb4 currently, until i sort out the upgrade to xenforo.

1. Throwing an ad into a random location INSIDE the post the user is currently reading. For example, look here... you will see an AdSense ad inside the first post. Reload the page and it moves. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2510990 This is the single biggest thing that I've found to exponentially increase AdSense revenue (we try to not annoy registered users too much, so only guests see it that way). We released an add-on to do it for XenForo: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-ad-positioning.232/ If you look at the last comment in the discussion thread about it, the user is seeing 3x to 10x more ad revenue because of it.
No similar plugin for vBulletin?

When I first did it, I had some complaints - even thought it was ONLY for guests. Some of the regular members had come as guests and were a bit miffed.

But then I slightly changed the formatting so the ad was clearly separate from the post and everyone was happy. Their biggest complaint was that it was not clear the ad was different from their post material.

Here is what I did with the lines and the tagging of it.
Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 9.15.11 AM.webp

When I first did it, I had some complaints - even thought it was ONLY for guests. Some of the regular members had come as guests and were a bit miffed.

But then I slightly changed the formatting so the ad was clearly separate from the post and everyone was happy. Their biggest complaint was that it was not clear the ad was different from their post material.

Here is what I did with the lines and the tagging of it.
View attachment 44507

What did you edit to separate the advert from the post content like that?

I think I just used this html - might have done something in style, but don't think so...

Code:
<p align = "center">
Helpful Sponsor Ads!
<hr>
</p>

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-3514eeur71271623";
/* DP XF ad */
google_ad_slot = "rhruslhh";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->