Question - Can I hide some members from unregistered visitors and search engines?

Matt777

I currently have Vbulletin 3.8 (it sucks balls) and am eager to get xenforo. My only concern is this; a select few of my registered members' post activity is hidden from view from casual lurkers (hidden from unregistered visitors and search engine indexing). I did that with some custom modifications in Vbulletin.

Is there a plugin that will do the same thing in xenForo? Or is that pretty easy to program in?

Basically in VB I created a new usergroup "super members" and used an IF condition... if the visitor was unregistered, and if the post was by a super member, don't show it.

False

AdminCP -> Applications -> Node Permissions ... Next to a node click permissions you can define each groups roles and abilities from there, I have it in place in some of my forums.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.
Matt777 said:
My only concern is this; a select few of my registered members' post activity is hidden from view from casual lurkers
So your saying you can hide a usergroup posts completely from guests, but guests can see the other usergroups posts? Inside the thread for example?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.
So your saying you can hide a usergroup posts completely from guests, but guests can see the other usergroups posts? Inside the thread for example?

Aww no I thought he meant to hide the forums that they were posting in :unsure:

maybe I am wrong then :ROFLMAO:

I would think it should still be simple enough with an if statement though.

Top Bottom