1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question - Can I hide some members from unregistered visitors and search engines?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Matt777, May 10, 2012.

1. Matt777

Matt777 Member

I currently have Vbulletin 3.8 (it sucks balls) and am eager to get xenforo. My only concern is this; a select few of my registered members' post activity is hidden from view from casual lurkers (hidden from unregistered visitors and search engine indexing). I did that with some custom modifications in Vbulletin.

Is there a plugin that will do the same thing in xenForo? Or is that pretty easy to program in?

Basically in VB I created a new usergroup "super members" and used an IF condition... if the visitor was unregistered, and if the post was by a super member, don't show it.
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

You can do this on a forum level.

Guest and user group "X" will not see what you do not wish them to see, but user group "Y" will
  3. Matt777

Matt777 Member

oh okay, thanks !
    TheVisitors likes this.
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

All that does is block them from seeing that individual subforum. It does not specifically block out only that 'ninja group'. It blocks everything.
  5. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

AdminCP -> Applications -> Node Permissions ... Next to a node click permissions you can define each groups roles and abilities from there, I have it in place in some of my forums.
    Learner likes this.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.
    So your saying you can hide a usergroup posts completely from guests, but guests can see the other usergroups posts? Inside the thread for example?
  7. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

Aww no I thought he meant to hide the forums that they were posting in :unsure:

maybe I am wrong then :ROFLMAO:

I would think it should still be simple enough with an if statement though.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This would make a cool modification. Ninja users... I think I'll give it a shot.
    TheVisitors and CurveGotti like this.
  9. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member