1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question before purchasing

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Andrew12, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Andrew12

Andrew12 New Member

Is it possible to run one copy locally with xampp to play around while one copy is running on a server for the public?

And which wiki system would you recommend to use in combination with xenforo? I really would like a wiki with some good wysiwyg editing. But i guess there is no possbility to integrate wysiwyg editor from xenforo in a wiki system so that both use the same?

And another Question: if i want to upgrade the forum in 5 years, is it enough to buy the 40 $ 12 month support or do i have to repurchase the whole licence?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you are permitted a test installation.

There are a few wiki add-ons I believe - you can search for them here: Resources
  3. Andrew12

Andrew12 New Member

Thanks for the fast answer. I have seen the Addons already but i would like to stick with an external wiki software. But i am not sure which one is the best to combine with xenforo.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's a bridge for MediaWiki (third party) and an integration by the developers of VaultWiki for VaultWiki which is brand new and only been available for a few days.

It will all depend on what your favourite Wiki platform is :)
  5. Brogan

You only pay for the support.
  6. Andrew12

Andrew12 New Member

I am not sure if I understand that right: If i buy now xenforo 1.1 i will have to pay again 140$ if 1.2 comes out?
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No. You receive 1 year of support + updates. Once your year is up, you have access to the latest version released and everything before that at that moment. You can continue to use that version. However, I believe you don't receive ticket support either.

Paying $40 past that first year gives you updates + support.
    Shelley likes this.
  8. Andrew12

Andrew12 New Member

So I decided to give xf a try ;), just a quick question: is bank transfer accepted or only cc & paypal?
  9. Brogan

Bank transfers are accepted.

Send a message using the Contact Us form.
  10. Andrew12

Andrew12 New Member

Thanks for the quick repyl. I'll get the access when the money has arrived at your bank account and not before right?

One last question I forgot to ask: I am currently using smf as software and a plugin to make seo friendly urls. (which quite differs from the one from vbseo in its structure); so my question: is there a possibility (beside manual redirect via htaccess) to obtain the old url structure?

Here an example url: http://bot-area.net/forum/diablo-3-bots/tntd3-bot/

Edit: The smf plugin is called "pretty urls"

Edit: if there is no possibility what would be an efficent way to redirect all my urls? Because this a major issue for me because i get pretty heavy traffic from search engines and it will take months to rank new urls...
  11. Brogan

12. Andrew12

Andrew12 New Member

Well that is exactly what i am looking for. Fantastic. I havent follow all the 1.2 annoucements but is there a rough timeplan when it ships? Few days? Few weeks or months? Because then it would make more sense to wait for 1.2 release for me.
  13. Brogan

Hard to say, public beta could be any time within the next few days, weeks or months.