question about tihs type of forum

sonnyblue

Hi all
Im new in this and Im looking for a php forum that could fits my needs, and being a noob in this Im still reading manual and all things like this, im wondering the following:

1) Can be the theme forums (I saw in resources here) made for xenforo 1.x used without any old plugins only the old version forum to the current and new 2.x?

2) Im planning to use 4 differents forums for a community game, Its possible to set the scheme linking in one forum in this way?
Main forum (technical support and updates, this one with a different theme colour template from the rest) --> This main forum have links to another different three forums (Should I call them subforums if they are separated each other? im in doubt ...)
--> Forum A (theme green, eg: it does talks about sports)
--> Forum A (theme yellow, eg: it does talks about games)
--> Forum A (theme blue, eg: it does talks about photography)

3) Is this supported for both xenforo versions?
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tooltip-popups.43587/

Is there any full documentation apart this link, about how to create link subthread hover to showing 3 photos each subthread?

Thank you for your time.
Sonny

Add-ons and styles are not compatible between XF versions.

Yes, it is possible to have a different style per forum.

Tooltips are already built in to XF in various places - the member details for example.

It would require custom development to show multiple images per thread on mouse over.

Yes, it is possible to have a different style per forum.
This how could be done? this is depending on the configurators that ships with the theme?

Add-ons and styles are not compatible between XF versions.

Ok, if I want to get the kind of visual and design into xf 2.x I would have to script manually all the code from scratch to get the same visual design is this correct?
Thanks for the info!

This how could be done? this is depending on the configurators that ships with the theme?
It's a node setting and built in.

Ok, if I want to get the kind of visual and design into xf 2.x I would have to script manually all the code from scratch to get the same visual design is this correct?
If you want XF2 to look like an XF1 style, yes, you would need to design it yourself.

Top Bottom