• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Question about the reporting system

Chimpie

So I'm testing out the Reporting System. We've always used the reporting-thread-starts-a-thread option, and I decided to give the core system a try.

Currently we have two posts that have been reported. One must have been done when we first converted. A second was just reported by me just now.

(For testing purposes, I created a new super moderator to match other super mods.)

Logged in as me, a super admin, I click on Reports in the upper right corner and I see both reports.
Logged in as the super mod, I click on Reports I only see one report, the original one. Not the one that I, as a super admin, reported.

Furthermore, when I try to assign report #2 to someone, only the admins are listed, not the moderators.

Thoughts on why these are occurring?

Chimpie

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

ACP > Users > Moderators
They're all listed there.

How do I see who has access to the reports system?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
  • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.
  • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.

http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If the users aren't listed or can't see the reports, that would definitely indicate a permission issue -- it would likely point to them not being able to manage the post in question in the forum. You'll need to identify why that's happening (use the permission analyzer tool).