1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Question about the alert "X also commented on Y's profile post"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by imthebest, Jun 11, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Today I got the following alert:

After clicking on "Daniel Hood's profile post" I'm shown this:

And as you can notice, I can't see the comment by Russ. I need to click on "View previous comments..." in order to see it.

Since I clicked to see the profile post comment that Russ leave on the profile post... shouldn't the system automatically expand the previous comments and show me directly Russ's comment?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

@Daniel Hood deleted his post likely right before you clicked that.
  3. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with it, as he could still view the profile post at the time. He's saying, if the alert isn't connected to one of the last 3 comments, you have to click view previous comments to view the comment.
    Amaury and imthebest like this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Got it. I misread his comment. I thought he was saying it wasn't showing when he clicked the view previous link.
  5. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

So is this as designed? If so, it results very confusing.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah it is as designed. We only show the most recent 3 comments (these are cached for performance reasons). If you receive an alert on something that isn't one of those 3 then you will have to click "View previous comments" to see it.