1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about tag

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by backstrix, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backstrix

backstrix New Member

Hello !

I'm a IPB customer for a long time and now I can see xenforo is better. I want to convert to xenforo. I use built-in importer by xenforo but I don't see tag import. I want to import all thread tag :-s what must I do ?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you require support, associate your user name with your license and then you will be able to post in the customer forums.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just to be clear though, tags aren't covered by the IPB importer.

4. backstrix

backstrix New Member

Is there any solution to solve this problem ? This is very important to me and I need to make sure before switch to xenforo

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately, t would require extension to the importer to cover that data. Essentially, it would require custom development unless/until it was added to the core importer. This isn't something that we could provide official support for (or strictly recommend).

6. backstrix

backstrix New Member

You mean there is a add on can import all tag from ipb to xenforo for me, right ? I'll buy xenforo license immediately if there's an addon like this

7. Brogan

8. backstrix

backstrix New Member

I found my own way to do this. Thank you for your support

9. Brogan

What was the solution?
    Your post reads like you have actually performed the import and managed to get the tags imported.

10. backstrix

backstrix New Member

First, I select all topic id which contain specified tag. Then I create same tag in xenforo. Finaly I add it to content_id column in xf_tag_content. That's all

11. Brogan

How have you managed to do an import while unlicensed?

12. backstrix

backstrix New Member

I don't run any live site. Just install a test board, Brogan. I need to make sure everything ok before switch to xenforo. You can't make some test in a live site, right ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.