Question about Plugins and Updates

Tectu

Hello folks - me again.

I am trying to figure out how plugins and updates (as well as the combination of the two) are handled with XenForo. However, the purchase page (and any of the linked ones) doesn't really help a lot in that regard.

• Purchasing XenForo comes with 1 year of free updates, is that correct? After that year, do I have to continuously have to purchase 1-year updates or can I skip a year or two and purchase an update once I feel like it? Also, how do I purchase them? I can't see an option just to purchase an update in the webshop.
  • There are currently three different plugins listed on the Purchase page (Media Gallery, Resources and enhanced search). Are there more (official) plugins? Are Can these be purchased later on as well? If so, will they be a lot more expensive?

Kind regards,
~ Tectu

Purchasing XenForo comes with 1 year of free updates, is that correct?
Correct.

After that year, do I have to continuously have to purchase 1-year updates or can I skip a year or two and purchase an update once I feel like it?
You can carry on using the software when the period expires. You just won't be entitled to support or updates. You can continue to use the forum for support and add-on downloading, though. So, yeah, you can skip a year and purchase when you need support or an update.

Also, how do I purchase them? I can't see an option just to purchase an update in the webshop.
You purchase license renewals from your customer area which is created when you purchase a license.

There are currently three different plugins listed on the Purchase page (Media Gallery, Resources and enhanced search). Are there more (official) plugins? Are Can these be purchased later on as well? If so, will they be a lot more expensive?
These are the only official add-ons. There are many more free and paid add-ons available in the Resource manager but they are all third party. The official add-ons can be purchased at any time (from the same link as license renewals I mentioned above in the customer area). The price doesn't change if you purchase them at a later date.

Top Bottom