1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Question about Pages

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Brian Woody, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Brian Woody

Brian Woody Member

I'm sure this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find any information about it that makes sense to me:

I'm trying to create a Page node, and am able to create the actual node, but don't know how to create any actual content for it; it's just a blank page with a title and a description.

Is there no way to create content for a page the same way you create content for a forum post?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Brian Woody

Brian Woody Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you don't know how to write HTML, you can cheat by creating a post, viewing the page source and copying and pasting the content between the blockquote tags.

upload_2016-6-21_16-52-29.png

5. Brian Woody

Brian Woody Member

You are my favorite person. Though I'm actually making some pretty solid HTML progress!

6. Brian Woody

Brian Woody Member

@Brogan And so currently Xenforo doesn't support Bookmark links? I can't add <h2 id="example">Useful Tips Section</h2> and <a href="#tips">Check out the example</a>?

[Edit]: Nevermind, I got it figured out. I currently have to enter the full URL (https://streamauthority.com/pages/Open-Broadcaster-Software-Guide/#step1) instead of just #step1. Is that normal (assuming the link and target exist on the same page)?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016