1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Nulled

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by makkasu, Apr 12, 2015.

1. makkasu

makkasu New Member

To start off, I do not intendent to use Nulled, I know it's illegal. But My question is, are we allowed to use nulled version locally, in My case to learn how to modify it?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Using stolen software is never legal or allowed.

Do yourself a favour and just buy the software if you intend to develop for it.

Amaury, Chris D and Liam W like this.
  3. makkasu

makkasu New Member

I don't really have the money to spare for it at this point, as a student I don't exactly have much out every month. In June I get quite a lot back on taxes, so I were planning on using that money to buy a license. But if I could start of right now and learn how the forum works, since I want to sort of use it a little like a CMS, that would be great, I like to be prepared before spending money whenever it's possible. But then again I honestly don't want to break any rules, hence why I'm asking if it's allowed. It would only be locally on my computer of course, I have no intention to use a nulled version live.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Regardless of where it is installed, you need a license.

5. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

If you just want to learn how forum works, you can do it with free script like mybb, phpbb, etc. It's not different, in terms of "how things work in basic" like what is permission, what is database, what is group, etc.

Lawrence likes this.
  6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

The best we can offer you in this situation is the admin demo: https://xenforo.com/demo/

Even when it expires, you can set up as many more new ones as you want.

The only limitation is you cannot install add ons and styles, but you will be able to do so once you buy a license.

7. makkasu

makkasu New Member

Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Those things are not an issue, I've worked with WBB3.1 before as well as a little with phpbb3. What I'd like to check out is how to create pages and putting them in the menu, how to edit the content while keeping the header and footer. I don't have that much experience when it comes to these things, so I apologise in case it's a stupid question or super easy to do, it's new to me.
    To give an example on what I mean: http://prntscr.com/6ssk8v
    Basically, The part inside the box at the top should remain on every page, including the login system etc. and the doodled part beneth is were the actual website is, the content. Is that possible, if so is there any guides on how to do so? reading about it would be enough as well.

8. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

As @Sheratan advises. I started with phpBB, :)

edit: never mind, you clarified what you are wanting to do, above. Regardless, don't use a nulled version, it is wrong, and illegal to do so. There are examples around here for creating custom pages, and you can always create a demo here to try new things out, :)

Amaury likes this.