Question about Media Gallery

AndreaMarucci

I don't know if this is the right section so feel free to move this thread.

I'd like to implement MG in my forum but I need two answers.
  1. Is it possible to host all the images in another server to reduce the main server load? For example my forum is at www.domain.com but I'd need to host all the images in www.anotherdomain.com.
  2. Is MG fully responsive?
  3. How easy it is to upload the images using a smartphone?
  4. Can I set an album as public or private? Does it use UG permissions?
thanks!

1) The media gallery uses the XF attachment system for storage. There are add-ons which may help you serve them from a CDN.
2) Yep, try it here.
3) Try it here, it depends on the smartphone.
4) There are two "containers" for media. Categories which are admin defined and can be controlled by user groups. And albums which are created by users. Albums can be set to public (everyone), private (owner only), people you follow, members only and shared (with a specific list of defined users). Albums really have no concept of user groups.

Thanks Chris. I'm now using [bd] Attachment Store to host all my attachments on the other media server but I suppose that this one doesn't work with media gallery. Do you have any suggestion for something tested? I thought that this feature is built in the gallery...

Another question. It's XFMG capable of auto resize the images? Suppose I'd like to limite the size to 1024 pix width; if someone try to upload a bigger image does XFMG resize it accordingly and automatically?

Are the resize options multi-faceted? I can't seem to get them to work, I just get a message that the image is too large, even though it's under the total MB that I have set both for the user group level and the global size as well.

What is the exact message? What is the exact size of the image? What are the maximum dimensions you have set? What is the maximum file size you have set?

Thanks for responding, the message was related to the total filesize on upload being larger than 4000 x 4000. Increased the limits in the config.php file and all is well.

Top Bottom