Question about demo

Bionic Rooster

When using the demo I made several drafts and saved them using the Save Draft icon. I see there is a Delete selection as well. How does one retrieve the draft to post it?

Also regarding posts - Is it possible to email post announcement from stock or is an add on required?

When using the demo I made several drafts and saved them using the Save Draft icon. I see there is a Delete selection as well. How does one retrieve the draft to post it?

Also regarding posts - Is it possible to email post announcement from stock or is an add on required?
To recover a draft, simply revisit the thread you where posting in. It will automatically be in the editor and you can further edit it or just submit it.

Users will get e-mails when there is a reply to their thread or a thread they have replied to (provided they have no changed their own personal settings of course).

To recover a draft, simply revisit the thread you where posting in. It will automatically be in the editor and you can further edit it or just submit it.

Users will get e-mails when there is a reply to their thread or a thread they have replied to (provided they have no changed their own personal settings of course).
Thanks Adam,
Yes but what if I write a new thread and save it as a draft rather than post it right away. How can that be retrieved? Some forum software has drafts saved to the posters profile area where it can be retrieved for posting or editing. Is there something in Xenforo that allows this?
And I understand that when a member replies to a thread they get alerts and emails of additional replies but I'm talking about an option to send an email to all members announcing a new/important post/thread that requires their attention.

Yes but what if I write a new thread and save it as a draft rather than post it right away. How can that be retrieved? Some forum software has drafts saved to the posters profile area where it can be retrieved for posting or editing. Is there something in Xenforo that allows this?
I've just tested this for new threads (as opposed to a reply to an existing thread.

Just create the new thread as normal and type your post, then save the draft (the automatic draft saving will likely have saved it but this makes sure that it has saved everything you have typed). Later when you want to retrieve the post, simply visit the same forum you made the draft in, click on Post New Thread and the draft thread will be retrieved.

I've just tested this for new threads (as opposed to a reply to an existing thread.

Just create the new thread as normal and type your post, then save the draft (the automatic draft saving will likely have saved it but this makes sure that it has saved everything you have typed). Later when you want to retrieve the post, simply visit the same forum you made the draft in, click on Post New Thread and the draft thread will be retrieved.
Thanks @Martok , that works (y)

Drafts are saved in the editor for each thread.
There is no master list anywhere.
Thanks @Brogan Martok figured it out.
Forum members can be mass emailed from the ACP.
hmm that's a round about way of doing it. What if the OP doesn't have access to the ACP but wishes to notify all members of a specific important post?
SMF for example has an option (if group permission allows) for the OP to send a thread announcement to specified user groups. Most useful in getting all or a few groups attention to important matters like announcing voting issues or an event is about to occur.

Top Bottom