Question About Availability

Ariel Schnee

Since I'm having trouble getting my brother to give me my birthday money, I want to if XenForo 1 is going to continue being available for awhile in the download section when buying a license?

There's no point in buying a license if it won't be there anymore.

Let me know, so I can know how much to keep nagging my brother now.

FYI: Xenforo 1 is no longer supported and security updates will cease at the end of this year. See: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-5-is-no-longer-supported.165946/

I strongly recommend you guys upgrade your forum to Xenforo 2.1.

That really doesn't answer my question. Here, I'll make it plainer. "Is XenForo 1 still available in the downloads section? I have no access to there, so I don't know? Is it still there? If so, will it be for the foreseeable future? Do I have to hurry up and turn up the nagging to get some money from brother to buy a license very soon? Or, do I have time to wait to get some money from him? If it's going to be there for awhile, I can wait. If it's not, I need to nag him more and get the money very soon. So... Let me know. Alright?"

And don't mention XenForo 2. I hate it. I will never use it for a forum ever.

While we do not recommend customers use XenForo 1.5, we no longer support it and from 2020 there will be no further security updates either, I don't believe we're actually going to stop displaying old versions.

As it stands, we still allow customers to download XenForo 1.0.0 if they wish, so there will be no particular reason for us to stop people from downloading XenForo 1.5 if that's their wish.

That said, as counter-intuitive as it may sound, we'd probably sooner recommend that you find a different forum software entirely that meets your needs rather than using end-of-life software which may eventually stop working as you and your users expect.

Top Bottom