Query on Avatar's, to how much degree can they be modded?

Learner

Hello to you all, I am here for quite some time.. ( well since 15 days now ;))
I have made up my mind to buy Xenfor and therefore this question and the others that will follow in due course will be more about functionality and addons and technical stuff.
I am coming from vBulletin and have a userbase and staff base which is expert in managing that.

the first question is that we want to show more on the avatar .
namely
Title
Reputation bar
user status ( set by user )
age of member ( on the forums )
likes and or trophies received

Well I think that will cover it for now.. :D

Thanks to you all.

Forgot to ask, I want to run Wordpress at the front end ( I know about the WP addon ) and Xenforo in a different folder ( whatever that name be ..)
Also we would be running the forum incognito, so when we go public after testing and addons and customizing, we would change to a new folder.. which will be sort oif permanent. ( any pointers ? )
But we will be migrating from shared hosting to a dedicated solution in some months, so how will the whole data be transferable? ( if easy then how easy and if hard then how hard ? )

Welcome :D You're making an excellent choice.
I am assuming by "avatar" you mean the image + the information you mentioned. Generally the avatar is just the image and the other bits you mention is known as the "Message User Info".

So here, your avatar is the motorbike dude, then the section in blue below is the Message User Info. Here it only includes the member's Username and the Status (you're a New Member).

You can literally display anything in this area, either by turning it on in the Admin CP or by editing the template to display it.

What do you mean by Reputation Bar? That might be something you need to include via an add-on.

WOW, so fast ! thanks mate..
I want to know how it can be done, coz I am running a demo right now and would try it out, if you could guide me. ( I meant the part of adding fields to the blue area under the avatar. )
Reputation is a good feature of vB... the points of rep are given by the members and or staff according to the value of the replyor info shared, as the reputation points increase, the reputaion bar keeps on increasing and the user status also keep on increasing.

WOW, so fast ! thanks mate..
I want to know how it can be done, coz I am running a demo right now and would try it out, if you could guide me. ( I meant the part of adding fields to the blue area under the avatar. )
Reputation is a good feature of vB... the points of rep are given by the members and or staff according to the value of the replyor info shared, as the reputation points increase, the reputaion bar keeps on increasing and the user status also keep on increasing.
This isn't a default feature of XenForo, unfortunately.

Although, I know the feature you mean and it's kind of similar to the trophy points system, really. As you complete certain actions on the site (ranging from adding an avatar, making a certain number of posts, getting a certain number of likes, visiting a certain number of times and many more plus there's loads you can add too) your trophy points go up. So I guess you could say that reputation = trophy points.

As for the rest of it, let me just remind myself and I'll tell you how it's done.

One more simple question, @Yorick, I have multiple questions and queries, so should I make different threads for each one of them ( will be seen by more members ) ?
Will I be classified as a spammer ;) if I do that.... ( coz really there are a lot of questions )

Like this.. addon I wanted to ask about..
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-reputation-system.15046/

I think this is doing approximately what I want, but I can't see it as I am not a buyer still !

Probably keep asking in here for now.

Ok. To add more elements to the User Info section:
  • Go to your Admin CP
  • Go to Appearance
  • Go to Style Properties
  • Go to Message Elements
In the Settings section you can add a load of information... so from your list you can add:
Title (always displayed by default)
Reputation bar Trophy Points
age of member ( on the forums ) Registration date?

message_info.webp

Just to clarify what did you mean by User Status?

Excellent !! Can't thank you enough :)
I am trying it just now !!
By user status I mean that a user has a field to say a short title about himself.. like I wanted to say.. "Racer at heart" nothing long.. but it appears below my forum alias..

I will keep on asking here only unless some mods or staff give me permission to me to post multiple threads, but then the points I ask in old posts do get relegated somewhat ..

Oh don't worry - you can post multiple threads if you want. I was just being lazy ;)

User status, yes there is a user status field. You can have this displayed in the same area, but it would involve a template edit. But yes it's definitely possible.

For any further support questions please first associate your XenForo license with your forums account.
Hmm... This to me seems like one big grey area.

I wondered this the other day. I told someone twice to associate their license and their response was that they were running the demo. And I kinda think, that's fair enough, isn't it? But then how can you be sure they're only using the demo and not trying to get free support where they're not entitled?

Well it works for me now, Thanks a ton, it is these kind of scenarios that reps are there for, llikes and stuff is ok but when a mate like you helps he deserves reps :)
You're welcome :)

With regards to that link you posted to the Reputation system - yes it seems that does similar to the vBulletin functionality so that would be good for you to use.

Top Bottom