Q: Add-ons are watching forumdisplay + threads

Slightly different, but actually all of the data is there to add it to the templates in that style...

But here's what I'll be releasing at some point soon. Paid add-on:

1HiSzYE.png

Clicking on the currently viewing numbers, loads an overlay with more detail:

uiO4szZ.png

Experts: Who can do this ..... ?
The most prominent characteristics of Add-ons
* Turn on or off
* Do not modify the templates
* Consistency automatic with colors Style Forum
* The emergence of a number Users Online + Number of Visitors Online
* The appearance of the names of Members Online

Slightly different, but actually all of the data is there to add it to the templates in that style...

1HiSzYE.png

uiO4szZ.png

Does that add (m)any additional queries or affect performance in any way? (Edit: If there are several thousand users/guests viewing a forum for example).

That would be a certain purchase for us but I remember with VB enabling those options always added a lot of extra queries and caused us performance issues.

It has been tested with several thousand records in the session activity list.

The way it works is there is a Cron entry that runs every 1 minute by default but you would probably want to reduce this down on really busy boards.

The Cron entry takes about 10 seconds to run if there's about 5,000 users online.

As I'm sure you can imagine, there has to be a balance between caching and how live and relevant the data is. If It had no caching, effectively every page load for every user would take 10 seconds. So the caching mechanism takes all of this away.

So to answer your question. In terms of page loads - there are NO additional queries and performance should not be affected.

Sounds good :-)

I suspect we'd have to test how long the cron took when we're busy and play around with the settings but looks like a definite purchase when it's available.

I hope that it is different from the illustrations.
I hope that existing properties listed in this Version

1HiSzYE.png

uiO4szZ.png

Can't wait for this. Coming from vB, my forum doesn't feel quite as active without this function. Any guestimate of when you'll be releasing it? Can I pre-order!?:D

Top Bottom