Browser issue PWA Logo low quality on Samsung S10+

daimpa

Affected version
Hello, logo of PWA looks bad on S10+, not sure on other devices.

Attachments

• 20201120_010158.webp
    20201120_010158.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 16
What app did you install the PWA from? Chrome or Samsung Internet? (I believe the latter does support PWA installation.)

Can you uninstall and try again? I can't really see why this would happen.

(It does also look fine on my S9 as well.)

What app did you install the PWA from? Chrome or Samsung Internet? (I believe the latter does support PWA installation.)

Can you uninstall and try again? I can't really see why this would happen.

(It does also look fine on my S9 as well.)
Hello, Samsung Internet.
Tested from Chrome and works fine.
Tested again from Samsung Internet and still low quality.

This look like a Samsung Internet bug, though I don't really know what they're doing. This is the PWA installed from Samsung Internet and Chrome:

Screenshot_20201120-142728_Nova Launcher.webp

The icon in my case doesn't look as bad as the original screenshot, though it's clearly much worse than Chrome's (and doesn't appear to use the masking option).

I don't think there's really anything we can do about this. We define the icons (192x192 and 512x512) in the manifest and then it's up to the browser to choose how it uses them. It's possible that there's some really bad downsampling being done here, for example.

Do you really use Samsung internet ?
Yes, and I'm quite fine with it :)
This look like a Samsung Internet bug, though I don't really know what they're doing. This is the PWA installed from Samsung Internet and Chrome:

View attachment 240110

The icon in my case doesn't look as bad as the original screenshot, though it's clearly much worse than Chrome's (and doesn't appear to use the masking option).

I don't think there's really anything we can do about this. We define the icons (192x192 and 512x512) in the manifest and then it's up to the browser to choose how it uses them. It's possible that there's some really bad downsampling being done here, for example.
Ok thanks for the feedback, well, I've to say, icon is worse in my screen, don't know why - but it's like I showed you, and the same problem happens with my site.

Top Bottom