XF 2.2 PWA links tab appear after upgrade

markoroots

Active member
I have noted that after the last XF upgrade, is come out on PWA, the link field up the app, as it is a normal browser. Does someone know how can I remove that?

Any help is really appreciated.
 

Chromaniac

Well-known member
pwa has been working on latest updated xenforo as desired. it's possible that chrome did not detect the manifest file properly and created a regular shortcut. it happens sometimes. i suggest deleting the shortcut and trying to install the web app manually again.
 

markoroots

Active member
Many thanks Chromaniac for your help, really appreciated.
I don't know if I have understand good. I have tried to uninstall the app from the device and delete all the shortcuts from the windows of the mobile, then I have tried to reinstall again the app, but nothing has changed. Was this what I had to do? Or you was meaning to do delete the app from XF acp and reinstall it again?
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I checked your site and the PWA is correctly set up and functioning.

I don't really understand the 'is come out on PWA, the link field up the app, as it is a normal browser'.

Can you provide some screenshots.
 

markoroots

Active member
Yes sure this is a scrrenshot


Screenshot_25.jpg

And thanks to both for the interest.
As you can see, up is appeared the links tab after I have upgraded the last vesion of XF. Before there wasn't.
 
Last edited:

markoroots

Active member
Exactly. Also to be noted that pressing on the 3 points up on the right, it open a little menu relative to pwa and not the menu as a normal browser, so it should be related to a pwa setting in some where maybe. But I haven't thouched nothing relative that in the last times, I have only upgraded XF to the last version.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
We send different manifest contents based on the browser requesting. (As specifically, "standalone" only makes sense on Android, as we rely on the OS-level back button.)

You appear to have it set so your server is caching the results to webmanifest.php -- I can see a Litespeed related cache header in the response. This means that it won't react to the requesting browser as expected.
 

markoroots

Active member
Greeat Mike, so quite sure is for that. For this is not related to the upgrade of XF. I thought this because I have added LS and update XF in the same day so I didn't think about that.
Ok perfect, I will check then.
Many thanks to you all for the useful help. Really appriciated. 😘
 
Top