XF 2.1 putting links into the footer

tribedude

We have just upgraded from 1x -> 2.x and are slowly tweaking the design.

We would like to put a line of links to our other domains across the bottom of the footer.

When I open the footer template it looks completely different from the 1.x version and I really don't even know where to begin. I'm not a css guy and it seems this is what its calling for.

How can we put a link to our other site https://tribe.ca centered in the footer?

Sorry for the super n00b question here.

@Brogan I am not sure I understand this template modification thing. If I edit the template directly, does it automatically create a modification that shows up in the list above ^ , or does it alter the master template directly and not show it as modified?

I understand I have to modify the PAGE CONTAINER template to put in footer links. The S9 add-on has already done this but their modifications are disabled (see above screen cap). If I edit the template directly, what happens? Is another PAGE CONTAINER template created? Is it the same one?

Sorry about all these questions but I am not understanding how this works so I don't break anything.

Can you please tell me where to put our links PAGE CONTAINER template? Can you tell me between what and what extacly?

I assume somewhere in here:

<footer class="p-footer" id="footer">
<div class="p-footer-inner">
<div class="p-footer-row">
<xf:if contentcheck="true">
<div class="p-footer-row-main">
<ul class="p-footer-linkList">
<xf:contentcheck>
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.canChangeStyle()">
<li><a href="{{ link('misc/style') }}" data-xf-click="overlay"
data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('style_chooser')|for_attr }}" rel="nofollow">
<xf:fa icon="fa-paint-brush" /> {$xf.style.title}
</a></li>
</xf:if>
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.canChangeLanguage()">
<li><a href="{{ link('misc/language') }}" data-xf-click="overlay"
data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('language_chooser')|for_attr }}" rel="nofollow">
<xf:fa icon="fa-globe" /> {$xf.language.title}</a></li>
</xf:contentcheck>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="p-footer-row-opposite">
<ul class="p-footer-linkList">
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.canUseContactForm()">
<xf:if is="$xf.contactUrl">
<li><a href="{$xf.contactUrl}" data-xf-click="{{ ($xf.options.contactUrl.overlay OR $xf.options.contactUrl.type == 'default') ? 'overlay' : '' }}">{{ phrase('contact_us') }}</a></li>
<xf:if is="$xf.tosUrl">
<li><a href="{$xf.tosUrl}">{{ phrase('terms_and_rules') }}</a></li>
<xf:if is="$xf.privacyPolicyUrl">
<li><a href="{$xf.privacyPolicyUrl}">{{ phrase('privacy_policy') }}</a></li>
<xf:if is="$xf.helpPageCount">
<li><a href="{{ link('help') }}">{{ phrase('help') }}</a></li>
<xf:if is="$xf.homePageUrl">
<li><a href="{$xf.homePageUrl}">{{ phrase('home') }}</a></li>
<li><a href="{{ link('forums/index.rss', '-') }}" target="_blank" class="p-footer-rssLink" title="{{ phrase('rss')|for_attr }}"><span aria-hidden="true"><xf:fa icon="fa-rss" /><span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('rss') }}</span></span></a></li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
<div class="p-footer-copyright">
<xf:copyright />
{{ phrase('extra_copyright') }}
</div>
<div class="p-footer-debug">
<xf:macro template="debug_macros" name="debug"
arg-controller="{$controller}"
arg-action="{$actionMethod}"
arg-template="{$template}" />
</div>
</div>
</footer>

I don't really know what it is you are trying to do.

If you want to add content to the footer, then add it somewhere between <footer class="p-footer" id="footer"> ... </footer>.

We just want to put a link in the footer that leads to our other property https://tribe.ca.

OK that makes it clear now. I will just edit the PAGE CONTENT template and put our link between <footer class="p-footer" id="footer"> AND </footer>. That is easy enough to understand.

Top Bottom