Resource icon

Put the vertical message user info to the horizontal

Dylan V

Dylan V submitted a new resource:

Put the vertical message user info to the horizontal - Put the vertical message user info to the horizontal to focus the attention on the content.

This template modification will allow you to put the vertical message user info to the horizontal:

View attachment 93799

I have noticed that there was already a tutorial to do it, but it was not really similar to the vertical message user info (no arrow, etc.). I have reproduced exactly the same design that the vertical message user info (also in responsiveness):

View attachment 93806

Go to the templates of your style and search for "message_user_info.css". Replace its...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @Dylan V

Thanks for pointing me this modification... (y)

I am facing some strange behavior, can you suggest something here...

Typical example: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/thought-of-the-moment.40039/page-17

Case 1. User Information is showing up in a straight line. I have noticed that this happens only if there is no custom user title in the user profile as shown in the image below. And the user profile fields information on the right shows up significantly dis-aligned.

Case 2. If a user has a custom title then the user information shows-up as desired but the username has some undesirable padding around it, so the custom title shows up after a significant gap, which i want to get rid of. However, the user profile fields do show up fine... :rolleyes:

i have tried a lot of hit and trial but there is no permanent solution henceforth. Any pointer would be of great help.

Thank you so much!

postbit-blues.webp

Hi @Dylan V

Thanks for pointing me this modification... (y)

I am facing some strange behavior, can you suggest something here...

Typical example: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/thought-of-the-moment.40039/page-17

Case 1. User Information is showing up in a straight line. I have noticed that this happens only if there is no custom user title in the user profile as shown in the image below. And the user profile fields information on the right shows up significantly dis-aligned.

Case 2. If a user has a custom title then the user information shows-up as desired but the username has some undesirable padding around it, so the custom title shows up after a significant gap, which i want to get rid of. However, the user profile fields do show up fine... :rolleyes:

i have tried a lot of hit and trial but there is no permanent solution henceforth. Any pointer would be of great help.

Thank you so much!

View attachment 97781
Hello,

It's a custom style? If this is the case, it is possible that there are problems. This template modification has been tested on the default XenForo style and my custom style. Everything works perfectly for me, it's weird:

Screenshot_1.webp

You can send me your custom style via private message so I can analyze and fix the problem. ;)

I am also having a similar problem.

#1: The user bars do not show up at all..
#2: Similar to the guy above, the user info box is out of alignment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using the Cloud Style
eh.webp

I am also having a similar problem.

#1: The user bars do not show up at all..
#2: Similar to the guy above, the user info box is out of alignment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using the Cloud Style
View attachment 97992
Hello,

This is because you have changed the values that are not in my code. As I said, this template modification has been tested only on the default XenForo style. On a custom style, I would need to intervene and analyze the problem.

Can you give me a live preview?

I'll message ya in a bit with link and username. Prefer not to change it back on live version. Thanks @Dylan V

I'll shoot you a couple dollars as well for helping =]

EDIT: mistake. I create it as a template modification, because I dont' like direct template editing, but it won't work...

Last edited:
i used this method but it does not work, evern after i reverted the templates and css file. The style is still messed up.

What do i need to do to revert it back?

Top Bottom