XF 2.2 Push Notifications won´t work

borussemd

Hi,
I'm getting desperate. I've been trying to get push notifications working again for months. They worked for a long time. Then suddenly not anymore. I didn't pay any attention to it for a while, but now I'd like to use it again.
I did what I felt was necessary for them to go. But they don't.
I activated it in the settings, I activated it in the user groups and also in the profile. Furthermore, the server settings are all given.
What the heck can be another reason that the notifications are not working?
Tested on 2 PCs and an Android phone.
XF v2.2.12

1678101513952.webp

1678101593816.webp

1678101635084.webp

1678101661625.webp

Here is a short interim report.
The xenForo support has been searching in my forum and on the host website for the last 2 days, but so far have not been able to find the error. Seems to be a more persistent problem.

The last response to your ticket yesterday morning confirms the error is a server issue.

403 errors are being generated by push notifications - these are webserver errors and not something which can be resolved from within XF.

Your host will need to investigate and whitelist whatever rules are being triggered, if it's caused by something like mod sec.

Yes and I contacted host support directly. He gave me the tip to disable the application firewall as a test, but that didn't help either. So I've played the ball back to host support and am waiting for further feedback.

Top Bottom