XF 2.1 push notifications blocked

dethfire

Here and on my forum the push notifications button is greyed out and says "push notifications blocked". I am using chrome on windows.

So push notifications are only for android mobile devices?
To my knowledge it's only for mobile devices, with compatible browser versions on them.

But I am shocked a bit to see that word, "blocked" on your notice. Didn't even know that label was in the phrases but yep, sure as heck is.

So there's something else going on.

So push notifications are only for android mobile devices?

View attachment 198817
It should work with nearly all browsers on a Windows machine. Not sure why it would say that unless somehow you inadvertently clicked "Block" on a browser notification. Is that here or on your site as well? Pixel Exit also has push enabled if you want to check there.

To my knowledge it's only for mobile devices, with compatible browser versions on them.
No, it isn't just for mobile devices. Apple products are really the only issue.
Unfortunately for reasons beyond our control (read: it's Apple's fault) the list of supported devices/browsers notably exclude Safari on macOS and any iOS-based browser.

"blocked": It says this when you have blocked push notifications on your browser. In Chrome, click on the lock on the URL bar > Notifications > Allow > then reload the page. This worked for me.

Top Bottom