XF 2.1 Push notification with the wrong header?

snoopy5

Hi,

I just installed a new forum. Actually, it was not a clean install. To save time, I just copied and moved another Xenforo forum (let's call it #1) and to the other domain and renamed it #2, changed all settings accordingly etc. Everything works fine.

There is only one thing, that does not work properly: Push notifications of forum #2.

They do show up, but when reading them on my smartphone, the headline does not show the name of forum #2. It does show the name of forum #1.

The structure of this headline is: "chrome - domainname forum #1 - time"

If I click on it, it leads my to the correct forum #2 though. So this seems to be onyl a problem with the name still beeing stored somewhere.

I searched everywhere but do not find any hint in forum #2 where this name of forum #1 could exist.

Does anybody has a solution for this? Where is the information of this headline of push noification stored?

Pretty sure this is because you copied all of the push notification subscriptions over and these are presumably trying the service worker on the other domain.

You likely need to purge those from the DB manually (xf_user_push_subscription) and manually re-enable push notifications for your device on the new forum.

Can I do this with phpmyadmin?
Yeah, you'd need to empty that table on the new forum.

With manually, you mean in the DB or by just visiting the forum with the Chrome browser and accepting Push Notifications?
Accepting the notifications in the browser. This will setup a new key for this so when you receive the browser, the notifications know where they're coming from (forum 2).

Top Bottom