XF 2.2 Push notification error

Ron_98

Good day.
I am a licensed client representative.
The system generates an error similar to the one described above.

Stack trace
#0 src/XF.php(213): XF\Error->logError('Push notificati...', false)
#1 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(241): XF::logError('Push notificati...')
#2 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(174): XF\Service\PushNotification->handleResults(Object(Generator))
#3 src/XF/Service/PusherTrait.php(194): XF\Service\PushNotification->sendNotifications()
#4 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(163): XF\Service\Alert\Pusher->push()
#5 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(114): XF\Repository\UserAlert->insertAlert(7563, 1342, 'Denastiy', 'post', 18368, 'insert', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Notifier/AbstractNotifier.php(63): XF\Repository\UserAlert->alert(Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User), 1342, 'Denastiy', 'post', 18368, 'insert', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Notifier/Post/AbstractWatch.php(110): XF\Notifier\AbstractNotifier->basicAlert(Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User), 1342, 'Denastiy', 'post', 18368, 'insert')
#8 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(86): XF\Notifier\Post\AbstractWatch->sendAlert(Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(44): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notifyType(Object(XF\Notifier\Post\ThreadWatch), Array, 1.62376E+9)
#10 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(56): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notify(3)
#11 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(247): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notifyAndEnqueue(3)
#12 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(445): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->sendNotifications()
#13 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(596): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->finalizeThreadReply(Object(XF\Service\Thread\Replier))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XDinc\FThread\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XDinc\FThread\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#18 src/XF/App.php(2337): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#19 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#20 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#21 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(47) "/threads/ford-kuga-2-2-5t-150l-s.2097/add-reply"
["referrer"] => string(64) "https://((mydomain))/threads/ford-kuga-2-2-((mythreads))/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/threads/ford-kuga-2-2-((mythreads))/add-reply"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(10) {
["message_html"] => string(66) "<p>евро &nbsp;-2 без тюнинга - 4000 руб&nbsp;</p>"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "5f6d0190----*****----bc768fae42e5d47"
["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(86) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":2097},"hash":"5f6--------**----bc768fae42e5d47"}"
["last_date"] => string(10) "1623756246"
["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1623756246"
["load_extra"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(38) "/threads/ford-kuga-2-2-((mythreads)/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}
Some time ago, a third-party designer worked with the system to change the look of the asset.
In the log, I see a record of a problem with sending a notification. But the tests showed no errors. What else should I check?
And what actions can I take to fix the problem?
Thanks in advance. Sincerely.

Last edited:
We'd need the full error message to go with the stack trace you've included -- it'll be at the top of the error output.

It's probably a connection error to one of the push notification servers. If it doesn't happen often and push notifications appear to be working, then it can likely be ignored as a temporary network issue.

We'd need the full error message to go with the stack trace you've included -- it'll be at the top of the error output.
Thanks for the detailed answer. The frequency of these errors varied at random. One to hundreds a week. But this month we have done some technical work on the server. After work, the number of errors was significantly reduced. If you will allow me, I will send you a full log in private messages.
If it doesn't happen often and push notifications appear to be working, then it can likely be ignored as a temporary network issue.
at this point in time, notifications are being sent correctly.

I really just need the full line of the error message that should start with "push notification failure..." to confirm what the issue is. However, given your comments, that really does sound like some sort of networking issue and if the issue is on your end, then resolving it would involve adjustments on the server (as you've suggested you've done).

Top Bottom