Purchasing 2 Xenforo Licence today

TJames

Hello,

I'm new here and plan to purchase two Xenforo licences for Xenforo today.

I did have a question about recommended VPS specs?
One licence will be used for my current SMF forum that has recently outgrown shared hosting.

The second licence will be for a brand new forum.

I was going to go for 1GB ram vps with Wiredtree or Knownhost but I was told this was bad because
with Cpanel(i need a control panel) it eats up a lot of space and i wouldn't be able to do very much.

So what kind of ram would I need? What do you recommend?

ALso besides wiredtree and knownhost, who are some good US VPS providers?

I tried futurehosting and they were crap.

We could do with some site statistics to help aim you in the right direction.

How many threads / posts / users.

How many people do you have on your site at any point in the day? Whats the max number of people all online at once.

We could do with some site statistics to help aim you in the right direction.

How many threads / posts / users.

How many people do you have on your site at any point in the day? Whats the max number of people all online at once.
Well, 60,000 posts 3,000 or so thread 2900 members Usually about 120 people online(guests included) at one time with about 200 people on or so a day. What are the VPS specs for that site size? And as I said in my first post, What are the base recommended specs for a Xenforo forum? For a vanilla xenforo forum with no addons or threads? How much ram would you require for a vps with cpanel?

So a VPS with 1 GB of ram isn't too bad? My friend also uses Xenforo and he says in his client area with cpanel his ram is at usually 889 MB of his 2048 MB
Yes, you should be fine with that server. XenForo is very lightweight on your server. (y)

Idk, 1 GB does seem a bit low though. Cpanel would take up at least half of your RAM. People say xenforo is lightweight(and it is as far as performance) but i don't see much noticeable difference from other software but 1GB seems scarily low.

Actually, if I were you, I'd get 2 GB.

My biggest forum, with 3,122 Threads 7,833 Posts and 3,681 Members (5,000 overall members) is eating 1 GB of disk space on CPanel, and I have at least 4 other websites on the same server.

The xF instance has one skin, and 4 plugins.

I can't read my 0n-server e-mails because the "disk space is over quota."

I'm getting a new server soon.

Top Bottom