1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchased Xenforo!

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by skylabz0rz, Jul 14, 2011.

1. skylabz0rz

skylabz0rz Member

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a line and say our organization purchased Xenforo yesterday and I am currently setting the forum up. I have been administrating forums for our organization for a while now, going from a CGI based forum (forgot the name) to IPB to Kunena (aye a mistake) now to Xenforo. IPB wasn't bad, but not nearly as clean as this one. We are running a Joomla! site, but all the Joomla! forums are pretty poor compared to this.

We pondered the switch for a while, realizing we were not going to be able to save the Kunena posts. However, when we switched to Kunena, we lost a lot of activity. This is our way of starting fresh.

We are running the forum off a dedicated server from HostGator running Windows 2008. It took some work to get it running right, but at least we did.

Anyways, I look forward to future developments of Xenforo and when I get my site finished up I will show it off in the right forum!

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Welcome! (y)

3. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

you picked the right software

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I hoped that ccBoard would work out ... but it didn't. The developer got busy.
    Did you know there is a developing Xenforo - Jfusion - Joomla bridge ?
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/joomla-bridge-using-jfusion.12674/

Xenforo is the best forum software, bar none.
    Joomla is great software as well, even though it took 2.5 years to release a new version.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

Nice to see you went with XenForo, have a great time posting on your community.

6. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Yeah! Buy XenForo. Buy Buy Buy. :)

7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Congratulations! And welcome to XenForo! :)

8. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

9. skylabz0rz

skylabz0rz Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I did see the Jfusion however we use Joomla 1.6 which isnt supported yet as its a one man show (at jfusion). Ah well.