• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Public side Attachment Browser

Smooth

Hi All,

We have been looking for a gallery solution for Xen, but having seen the Attachment Browser in ACP it has occured that this would be an ideal solution for us to have a user side equivalent. The idea would be that the users could click on a page to view all recent picture attachments, and click them to go through to the source thread.

Is there an add-on that currently does this?

Many thanks in advance for your replies. :)

Smooth

Ahh sorry Brogan - saw it more as a small tweak that could be a useful feature for all - but add on might be the way to go :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No, that's fine.

I think a suggestion for this has already been made, which is why I was checking.
I'll see if I can find the thread.

Smooth

Thanks Brogan! Very much appreciated!

Have sent a message to the developer to see if we could get the add on expanded - seems there is a definite need for a public attachment/image viewer. Would be a fantastic and user friendly way to get gallery integration into Xen without the need for separate storage/add on etc as you get the images posted automatically when adding them to a thread. One of the big pitfalls with our previous (non Xen) system was that people were posting and commenting on images outside of the thread structure.

Appreciate your assistance sir - and definitely think it would make a very cool 'switch on' feature in Xen to service the many photography/iphoneography/art forums that utilise Xen for its beautiful looks and clean themes.

wmtech

We will release our full featured Attachment Manager addon within the next weeks.

It allows your users to browse and delete their attachments (all controlled by a user group setting) and also to easily reuse them for additional posts/messages via a button in message editor that pops up an attachment selector.