Public and Community forums on XF

Morgain

There is an issue here of people asking support questions in the public section

Like some others here I try to be a helpful bunny and answer basic queries. But if I open apost via Whats New - which is usually how I come across them, the forum source is in tiny font which I find hard to read. Certainly not noticeable.

Any chance of a warning on that area to alert amateur helpers?
A popup for anyone writing a post saying if asking for specific help with how to use XF features they must associate their email ...
and one for any replies saying not correct place to provide support

I guess it' snot always 100% clear between asking does XF do XYZ and HOW does it do XYZ?

I don't see any problems giving basic answers in public forums. Why should we care?

If somebody seeks professional help his/her thread should simply be moved to the support sections by moderators.

helpful bunny

bunny.gif

I don't see any problems giving basic answers in public forums. Why should we care?

If somebody seeks professional help his/her thread should simply be moved to the support sections by moderators.

It's because people sometimes use nulled/pirated versions of XF. We don't want to invest support in them. They are told to ;ink their forum account with their purchase account to push them to buy a proper XF.

Also good suport answer does take time and trouble.

Top Bottom