Add-on PSN LeaderBoard

To be honest, I'm not sure if Sony has made the API publicly available other than a few websites they've selected to have access to it.

Any update on this? :)
Still trying to integrate with xenforo for at least a sign-on feature. The leaderboards seem to only work if you login via their UK site which is a pain in the ass. I've been on sites where I didn't have to sign on to the UK site to activate my standings in leaderboards.

Trying to activate the login system to also create a sort of validation system for the site leaderboard.

I was hoping somebody could make a Playstation Network Leaderboard. Like this, http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hdjuegos-net-xbox-live-leaderboards.27733/

Except that there would be a leaderboard tab then there would be a quick selection menu like this.

Leaderboard
Xbox Live
Playstation Network

Thank you! :)

I've already requested this months ago, and we've just about got the 'bugs' worked out: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-psn-leaderboard-stats.30920/. I'll post the add-on, when it becomes available and it will not require a persons initial sign-in, or anything ;-)

problem is PSN does change things around a lot so at anytime the leaderboards may suddenly not work. That's what I don't like about the APIs available. So if and when anything is released I would hope it is free lol! I'm still working on mine because I don't want to have to verify accounts for leadboards. I want it to auto-validate so we don't have any impersonators XD

Yea, at the very worst people would have to sign in. We're trying to fix it so that signing in to the forum allows you the same API key to sign in to PSN. That is the problem though ~ lol! Can't believe that SONY is soo ****ty as to not allow people access to their "own" statistics. It doesn't work (when they change stuff up) because it STILL got them hacked so they just need to relax a little, nobodies going to steal their **** ~ lmfao

Yea, at the very worst people would have to sign in. We're trying to fix it so that signing in to the forum allows you the same API key to sign in to PSN. That is the problem though ~ lol! Can't believe that SONY is soo ****ty as to not allow people access to their "own" statistics. It doesn't work (when they change stuff up) because it STILL got them hacked so they just need to relax a little, nobodies going to steal their **** ~ lmfao
Yeah exactly lol

Sony has never listened to their players, just go to PS.Share to see the top voted ideas. Some of the ones marked as "implemented" is just ridiculous as well.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to this. Will it be just a trophy leaderboard, or will it include gamercards / profile features as well?

I have the normal portable ID available for my members on their profiles.
Custom Gamercard thing seems to only work if I have my users login once to the UK site.

I have the normal portable ID available for my members on their profiles.
Custom Gamercard thing seems to only work if I have my users login once to the UK site.
I use two custom fields on my site. One for their PSN, which automatically links to their US Trophy site (http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Nickname) and another that enables YourGamerCards.net gamercard on your signature and profile page. No one on my site use the official Sony gamercards, at least not since I started promoting Your Gamer Cards.

An update!
I may have a release fairly soon. I have to style it and everything but I seem to have it in semi working condition. I wish I was more proficient/confident in coding to release something faster. Big thanks to psnapi.org
On release my donation links will be to them and not myself, since a majority of the coding was from them and not me.

With the info I gained from reading about the api there may be a sign-on feature as well as grab avatar from psn feature (not sure if that's legal?)

Right now the leaderboard would be general for trophies across numerous games but I'd like to add it for specific games as well.

Features:
PSN Leaderboard (Duh).
Sort Order by most trophies, name, region.
User enters PSN ID in customer profile field and a new row is created in MySQL

Right now it's all numbers! There's no images or anything and since I'm particularly sensitive about anything I release... I'll be releasing with images lol.

In the future:
Admin abilities to remove names through a PSN admin panel (rather than deleting manually)
Usergroup permissions?
PSN Sign-on verification for ID
Game cards
Multi PSN ID per user support

Wow, that's really nice! My guy who was working on our version stopped because he never could get past people having to sign on the the PSNetwork each time. It would work but then something from Sony's end would change and he was forced to abandon the project. I'm on vacation and haven't been to any websites or XF to update you guys but I got your update in my e-mail just now, so I HAD to come and congratulate you 0xym0r0n! ;-)

Top Bottom