Pruning users with 0 posts?

Floren

I would like to know how do I prune user accounts that are more than 6 months old and have no posts to forums or conversations.

What I'd like is the ability to prune all 0 post users who have a link in the homepage field or signature. That would be most useful. :)

If you want to clean up the homepage and signature links from the database for members with 0 posts run these queries:

For the homepage:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_profile  LEFT JOIN xf_user ON xf_user.user_id = xf_user_profile.user_id SET homepage = '' WHERE xf_user.message_count = 0;

For the signatures:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_profile  LEFT JOIN xf_user ON xf_user.user_id = xf_user_profile.user_id SET signature = '' WHERE xf_user.message_count = 0;

If you are using another prefix for your tables, replace xf_ with your custom prefix.

I would like to know how do I prune user accounts that are more than 6 months old and have no posts to forums or conversations.

About to prune the users with 0 posts I think I have seen a mod that will do that but can''t remember the link off the top of my head. Have a look at the add on section.

Would be great if that was possible, I couldn't do that type of stuff in vBulletin (short of using phpmyadmin).
Yes, I can do it in vBulletin 3. This should be an option in XenForo, it help us clean quickly undesirable users.

I mean this could be done easily by adding few options into Search Users form, in ACP. That query should allow you to delete all results with one single action, not going one by one and clicking on the red X.

I'm going to post it as request, as this is an important feature.

It can be done in VB4 as well, I just used it. The "Prune Users" function in VB4 has many search options including "select users with fewer than X posts" you can use to get rid of unwanted accounts.

This feature is better done in MyBB than vBulletin (sorry I keep hyping on about MyBB), I don't even use it anymore. But there's a setting you can use to "auto" trim users away based on posts count. It works for both members and validating users and you can choose how many days after first registering the cron job is run. I had it to run every 7 days to remove people with a post count less than 1 (0).

I used it all the time and thought it was a brilliant feature.

You could get on with running the forum knowing every 7 days members with a 0 post count got removed auto when cron job ran. or how often you wanted it to run, 30 days e.t.c

Top Bottom