Provider screwing about with DB and now posts are missing...

Paul

Help!!

My hosts, who i thought were a decent bunch, seem to have managed to screw up my VPS in the process of "cleaning up my db". I have all the thread titles, however no posts at all. However no errors - just blank, non-existant posts.

They were saying that " Apache and MysQl usage for the domain is very high".

Interesting since the max users at one time would be around 20-30. I'm currently having continual outages of 20 mins duration, and every day or two it would fail to respond with the standard reply of "we cant see any issues", but a reboot would sort it.

Anyhow, whilst i wait for them to get back to me and no doubt break it further, has anyone amy clues as to what i may be able to do to sort the issue of titles existing, but no actual posts within the thread...

Cheers
Paul

Cant tell at the moment, since my provider has blocked access to phpmyadmin Via Cpanel to root access. As we know, you can only have one access to Cpanel for that domain, so it means that i cant access phpmyadmin.

I could run Via mysql in shell, however i dont fancy doing a "SELECT * FROM [table name];" on a 1gig plus table....

Any pointers on another way??

Cheers
Paul

Not really.
You really need to see what state the DB is in to determine the next course of action.

You could always try rebuilding the caches but again, it would be best to see exactly what has been done to the DB first.

Well, the thing is that if the posts have been deleted from the db then the only thing you could do is to roll back to a previous backup.

If I were you I would install mysqldumper and check the post table and see how things are there.

I'd be surprised if the posts had been deleted, since i understand that the mysql parameters had been optimised for the database, so i would have expected it to affect all. I also have a vb3 (non-functioning) database on there which seems to works ok. It's just the xF one Grrr...

repair was carried out on xf_post table since when they "optimised"earlier in the day they didn't carry out properly and ended up in corrupting the table. Once the repair was done then the posts re-appeared.

Still having issues due to the db size tho. Shall go saunter over to the server configuration and optimisation forum now :D

Many thanks to all :)
Paul

Top Bottom