1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Provide ability to disable the Quote Max-Height function in Preferences

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by AndyB, Jun 19, 2013.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

It would be really nice to be able to disable the the Max-Height function for Quoted text (when the Reply button is clicked). This should be a setting in our User Control Panel settings so that we could enable or disable this function when we visit forums. Currently having a 150px height limit on quoted text is a real pain and makes communicating more difficult IMHO.

I know I can change this on my own forum, but I would love to be able to change this setting when I visit this forum xenforo.com and other xF forums.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use a CSS override into your browser styles.

3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you for the suggestion, but I prefer to keep things simple. Adding an add-on and supporting css changes to websites is a total PITA.

4. Jeremy

For the record, I'm almost certain that the actual definition hasn't changed since 1.0. So I doubt it will change until at least 2.0

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm referring to the Quoted text that happens when a member clicks the Reply button. This Max-Height setting is new as of xF 1.2..

6. Jeremy

Yes, I know. The inner CSS changed, but the actual definition (the selector), hasn't.