XF 2.2 Promoting Posts to Feature

JShepherdPG

I manage a forum called Pearl-Guide.com. We've been promoting new threads to features on the homepage, but we're limited to promoting the full thread instead of a place within. We have several ongoing threads with thousands of posts, some of which I'd like to promote to feature.

Is there a workaround or customization that could be done to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Sorry I am just replying. I thought I would receive an email notification when a response came through.

No, we aren't using a third-party program. We open a thread, click the "more options" drop down and click "promote to feature." This adds the first post of the thread to the homepage. It also gives us the option to add our own image.

We have one thread in the forum that is sort of a "show of your pearls" discussion. It has about 950 pages at 20 posts per page, so it's a huge thread. We'd like to be able to feature our members' posts and pearl pieces on our homepage.

This would be an example: Post #18,961 in the thread. This is the sort of post we'd like to be able to feature:

Attachments

• promote to feature.webp
    promote to feature.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Appears on homepage.webp
    Appears on homepage.webp
    139.9 KB · Views: 7
Then it must have been added for functionality when we moved from vBulletin to Xenforo because we needed a way to post stories on the homepage. Is there any way to tell what the add-on is to see if it can be modified?

Top Bottom