Promoted Content - XI Blogs [Paid] [Deleted]

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Promoted Content - XI Blogs - Extension for the promoted content addon. Allows XI Blog entries to be promoted also

This is an extension of my Promoted Content addon. This addition hooks XI Blogs into the Promoted Content widgets along with the core features of Promoted Content.

After installing this add on, you'll see under Entry tools when viewing an entry an option to promote the entry. You can remove the promotion the same way.

This feature is demo'd at:...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: DRE
Thanks. I had to disable my blogs though because the privacy settings do not work. I've reported my issues to the XI Blogs team.

OK, so this one is more difficult to figure out. It looks like it uploaded and installed correctly as I see it on my add ons list but I do not see it in options. How do I activate it? Also, do I need to use promoted content to use the blogs?

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL BD WIDGET FRAMEWORK

OK. I did that and that is not showing under options either. I have these add-ons installed but only Promoted Content shows in "Options". Top Users shows on the forum but I don't have a control panel for it. None of the others show on the forum.

XenForo 4.webp

Promotes content controls everything. The additional content types just hook in.

Could you be a little more specific?

I install blogs as an add-on right? Where do I find the controls for it? Where do I see the Promoted Content features on my forum?

Also, what is the privacy issue? Should I not use this feature? Can I get a refund if so?

Could you be a little more specific?

I install blogs as an add-on right? Where do I find the controls for it? Where do I see the Promoted Content features on my forum?

Also, what is the privacy issue? Should I not use this feature? Can I get a refund if so?

Since XI Blogs is the only other supported content type so far for this addon I'll use it as the example.

If you installed XI Blogs and "Promoted Content" (this addon) then you can purchase and install (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/promoted-content-xi-blogs.2184/) which I assume you also did.

If you have both installed (promoted content + xi blogs extension of promoted content), then you will the promoted content features when viewing a thread or blog entry. You click "thread tools" -> "promote thread", or "entry tools" -> "promote blog".

To display the content we use widget framework (view here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/), you go to admin panel -> appearances -> widgets -> list -> add, for the rendered select one of the "Promoted Content -" options.

The widget currently reads from options which are at: -> admin panel -> home -> options -> [xenmods] [promoted content].

The privacy issue that @DRE is talking is about has nothing to do with my addon, feel free to use it. If you cannot get it working due to something that is my fault, I will refund you of course. I'm pretty sure the issue he is talking about is with XI Blogs itself.

Reactions: DRE
Ok. I thought the blog feature was something from this add on. I guess XI Blogs is separate and the add on simply allows it to show on XenForo? I saw where I could add the Promoted Content widgets. Not seeing the blogs though. I guess what I need to know is, how do I get blogs on my site like @DRE has? Again, I kind of need step by step. Sorry, from reading the brief explanation I thought I downloaded and installed the add ons and would have blogs up and running on my site...

Or, should I not even use XI Blogs?

Ok. I thought the blog feature was something from this add on. I guess XI Blogs is separate and the add on simply allows it to show on XenForo? I saw where I could add the Promoted Content widgets. Not seeing the blogs though. I guess what I need to know is, how do I get blogs on my site like @DRE has? Again, I kind of need step by step. Sorry, from reading the brief explanation I thought I downloaded and installed the add ons and would have blogs up and running on my site...

Or, should I not even use XI Blogs?
XI Blogs is a separate add-on (http://xenfluence.com/store-products/blog/), this only lets you promote entries.

I'm sorry you were under the impression that this included XI Blogs itself. I thought I made that clear in the description. I will give you a refund if you would like.

Maybe he doesn't see the point of developing a widget for a blog that is no longer supported.

Top Bottom