Fixed  Profile: When Nothing is entered in "About Me" Info Tab shows only Send Message Option

Mr_Bob

If nothing is entered in the "About Me" section of your profile, only "Send Message" appears under the info section, as opposed to also displaying things such as occupation, birthday, etc. Filling in something in "About Me" fixes the issue, but this doesn't seem functionally correct / intended.

The "Start New Conversation" page needs some text that explains that the conversation is private. Missing the "Private" in "Private Message" does not make that clear to the uninformed.

Confirmed, just tested it.

Screen-shot-2010-08-01-at-12.49.43-PM.png

The "Start New Conversation" page needs some text that explains that the conversation is private. Missing the "Private" in "Private Message" does not make that clear to the uninformed.

I think it's called Personal Conversation so the word personal does the trick :)

I think it's called Personal Conversation so the word personal does the trick :)

I think it's not called Private because it's not. Anyone can be added into the chat at any time and see everything that has been talked about. ?? Just my opinion :)

Plus, it's stored in plain text in the database, so the staff (at least the person with mysql access) can read them.

Let's not think that far ahead floris :P We need to look at it how the user would look at it lol

Since you have controll over who to add, that's no more than actually typing a person's name in the recipents box of a normal private message system like vB. I think this system combines the best of both worlds.

We published the First 3.x plugin which was 'admin read pm', I intend to at least make the plugin again - just for nostalgia reasons :)

Top Bottom