Profile Vanity URL

Profile Vanity URL [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Will existing member profile links break or will they just redirect to the vanity url? So will people still be able to access the profile via the default url?

Please add option to automatically apply vanity URL to existing members. It shouldn't be too hard or too time consuming. You can either do it upon upgrade or have a rebuild option for some of us. You can even include checks to not apply to usernames that are disallowed. Or just allow it for the options /members/ and @.

Last edited:
Please add option to automatically apply vanity URL to existing members. It shouldn't be too hard or too time consuming. You can either do it upon upgrade or have a rebuild option for some of us. You can even include checks to not apply to usernames that are disallowed. Or just allow it for the options /members/ and @.
Any news on this? I haven't been able to use this add-on since purchase because of the misunderstanding in the add-ons description. That definitely needs to be amended to avoid confusion for future purchases. I don't want to use the add-on until this gets added by default as I don't want inconsistencies in profile vanity for new members vs. old members that have to manually set one. Please add this by default.

Any news on this? I haven't been able to use this add-on since purchase because of the misunderstanding in the add-ons description. That definitely needs to be amended to avoid confusion for future purchases. I don't want to use the add-on until this gets added by default as I don't want inconsistencies in profile vanity for new members vs. old members that have to manually set one. Please add this by default.
that $37.04 price mark is way too high for a simple add on that only changes the url. Plus this ad on was free on X.1 from another developer. Maybe another developer will create this add on for a much cheaper price, with all the features the community wants.

Well to be fair you never gave him a price you thought was reasonable when he asked.
That is not a question, I feel comfortable answering about his product. I just wanted to know if he thought about lowering the cost of this add-on. I would have been satisfied with a yes or no. Also, I haven't been on this website in a while, and the price has not gone down.

That is not a question, I feel comfortable answering about his product. I just wanted to know if he thought about lowering the cost of this add-on. I would have been satisfied with a yes or no. Also, I haven't been on this website in a while, and the price has not gone down.
If you want to have this add-on, you can follow this thread to get offer.

As third party observer who purchased this add-on, what is the issue you have with it?

Are you looking for an option that forces everyone to have a vanity URL?

I've been trying to test this on your site, but after I set the vanity URL once, it stopped me from doing it again.

• Can the vanity URL for a user be set/edited by an admin?
  • Can the vanity URL be set by an admin if the user doesn't have the permission to edit it themselves?
  • Does it retain casing? ie. site.com/FirstNameLastName, or does it turn it to site.com/firstnamelastname
  • Does it allow dashes? ie. site.com/firstname-lastname

Thanks

What a great idea but it is too expensive for me at this time. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to code these add-ons so thank you though for providing this.! :)

Top Bottom