Profile Page Tab Icon Replacement

Sheldon

Sheldon submitted a new resource:

Profile Page Tab Icon Replacement - Tired of getting stacked profile tabs?

View attachment 59124 View attachment 59125
Simple template modification to change the look of your profile page tabs.

First off, I decided to use Font Awesome, just seemed as easy to use as anything.

So, in order to do that, go to the template PAGE_CONTAINER

Find:
Code:
<head>
Insert After:
Code:
<link...

Read more about this resource...

awesome (again).....

suggestion: move the phrase that was inside the A tag to the title attribute for the A tag

to show a tooltip on mouseover

<li><a title="{xen:phrase postings}" href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#postings">....

tabs.webp

Do you know how to use this with [bd]Medal? Because I can't find the right template to put <i class="icon-star icon-large"></i>

-edit-
Found it. It's on bdmedal_member_view_tabs_heading

TayBsb2.png

Last edited:
i cant for the life of me find the template in the Bookmarks addon

also which template for resources?

for the resource tab

in ACP click the appearance tab then template-modifications then find member_view (Adds tab resources header)

then adjust the Replace textarea content

Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.resource_count} AND {$canViewResources}">
<xen:comment><li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#resources">{xen:phrase resources}</a></li></xen:comment>
<li><a title="Resources" href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#resources"><i class="icon-picture icon-large icon-fixed-width"></i></a></li>
</xen:if>
$0

for the resource tab

in ACP click the appearance tab then template-modifications then find member_view (Adds tab resources header)

then adjust the Replace textarea content

Code:
<xen:comment><li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#resources">{xen:phrase resources}</a></li></xen:comment>
<li><a title="Resources" href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#resources"><i class="icon-picture icon-large icon-fixed-width"></i></a></li>
$0
My site doesn't have the member_view section you are talking about (Adds tab resources header) - any help would really be appreciated as would love to fix this up - looks weird with it all there and then a tab saying Resources!

My site doesn't have the member_view section you are talking about (Adds tab resources header) - any help would really be appreciated as would love to fix this up - looks weird with it all there and then a tab saying Resources!

Enable debug.

Go into Template Modifications
Screenshot_3.webp

Select the one that says Adds tab resource header

Go down to replace:
Screenshot_5.webp

Change to:
Code:
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#resources"><i class="icon-gears icon-large icon-fixed-width"></i></a></li>
$0

Result:
Screenshot_6.webp

@Sheldon I'm having a hard time with the XenMedia Gallery, it add-s more than one icon for some reason. Can you share how you did yours?

Top Bottom