Profile Cover Photo / Banner Image Enhancements

Profile Cover Photo / Banner Image Enhancements 1.0.0

No permission to download
Hey Spiro, thank you so much man!
That's super kind of you :)

It's funny, I think your thread only showed up in the suggested threads section even though I was looking at something else completely unrelated, but then I happened to click and saw it was about the avatars.

I hope it's a good addition to your site. Cheers mate :)

Hey Spiro, thank you so much man!
That's super kind of you :)

It's funny, I think your thread only showed up in the suggested threads section even though I was looking at something else completely unrelated, but then I happened to click and saw it was about the avatars.

I hope it's a good addition to your site. Cheers mate :)
Anytime. My friend. Hope your day is super excellent and stays that way forever ;)

Oh ****. You absolute star, you didn't have to do that mate. Although now I'll definitely have plenty of caffeine to get through the weekend 🐵

You've definitely made my weekend. Even more so because I literally just finished building a site for someone a few hours ago, and this plugin was built for it, and a key part of it. But I've not really shared it with anyone, so I'm really pleased that this aspect can still be appreciated and used by other people.

I hope you enjoy your lightbox avatars and big cover photos, thanks again Spiro 😄

Oh ****. You absolute star, you didn't have to do that mate. Although now I'll definitely have plenty of caffeine to get through the weekend 🐵

You've definitely made my weekend. Even more so because I literally just finished building a site for someone a few hours ago, and this plugin was built for it, and a key part of it. But I've not really shared it with anyone, so I'm really pleased that this aspect can still be appreciated and used by other people.

I hope you enjoy your lightbox avatars and big cover photos, thanks again Spiro 😄
anytime I can lighten someone’s day it feels good to know that I can. To make a small difference 😇 is good.

thank you for your add-on
Sincerely,
Spiro

Thank you very much for your addon.
I really like the idea to push the banner to the top.

In my forum i use avatars in l and without a round border. The effect to have a banner on top and then an avatar is there more viewable than in your examples. But from design i dont like both. So i think to get rid of the avatar or move it to somewhere, because then the space would be usable for the buttons also. I have no idea about css, but maybe you want to offer other places for it? Maybe someone else has a good idea to move it to where?

Maybe in the middle of the banner, half over the banner?
Maybe small next to the username, but inside that area without moving the post_count and the buttons to the right?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, however I also ran into issues with the buttons getting a bit crowded. If you look at the member_view template you can find the buttons and edit their locations.

Here is an example after I moved the Edit Cover Photo button down to the same row as Find.

1616252929174.webp

In my more or less clean forum is a problem with the distance between
Breadcrump Members
and the <div class="memberHeader ">
when your addon is installed and no banner is updated.

Feature request -

Not sure if it's out of scope for this addon - but I think it'd be totally logical for the avatar on profiles to be opened within a lightbox as opposed to the actual file. It doesn't make sense. Maybe that could be added to this addon and the addon cover images on the profile (cover and avatar) ?

No worries if not. Just a thought :)

Ah yes, I see what you mean. I'll try to sort it when I get a sec, although I'm mega busy at the moment, so might take a little time.

Edit: I could reproduce it the first time I tested it, but now it seems to be working perfectly on my end :unsure:

Last edited:
Ok so I don't know what can cause this problem, yet even disabling all my addons it happens. In itself it's not very annoying but it's a little weird if we want to see the result without refreshing the page :)

Hi @RobinHood ,
Thanks for the addon .

How can i disable the cover "background" ?

I have try with this on extra.less but no result :

CSS:
.memberHeader-main:before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    background: linear-gradient(rgb(0 0 0 / 20%), rgb(0 0 0 / 20%));
    display: block;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
}