Profile Cover Photo / Banner Image Enhancements

Profile Cover Photo / Banner Image Enhancements 1.0.0

No permission to download

RobinHood

RobinHood submitted a new resource:

Profile Cover Photo Enhancements - Showcase your profile covers by making them more prominent and enable lightbox viewing

View attachment 241772

This addon moves user profile cover images outside of the user info area to give them their own spotlight.

On the user profile page you can now click on both the user cover photos and the user avatar and both will open in the native XenForo lightbox enabling you to view the whole image and even zoom in if it's a large image.

It also enhances the member tooltip and moves the cover photo above all the other user info to better show off the cover image...

Read more about this resource...

i like the click to view functionality, nice.. i am not as keen on the profile hover effect tho.....

imho i like it better with the text overlapped on those....

still cant get to xen 2.2 so its a future issue anyway but i was curious if there is an option to apply changes or leave native for the profile cards?

EDIT: actually after checking more, i def favor the text overlapping....both places....however the click to view functionality is genius if we could get that as a stand alone option would be great.

regards

• This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because the following files are missing: js/ShinyTech/profile_banner_options.js, js/ShinyTech/profile_banner_options.min.js.

:)

Hmm, strange. I just did some testing and it seemed to work uploading from zip archive and manual upload.

Can you try uploading the files again? Everything inside the upload folder needs to be uploaded, so both the src and js folder :)

Ah, that might be why. You need to drag the contents of the upload folder to the root of your xenforo directory. That will copy the add on files to the correct folder, but also copy the required js file to the correct folder.

Or you could just upload the whole zip through the ACP if your server allows it at yoursite.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive

Hey Robinhood,
Yes I didn't see the js files. The rest of the add-ons I'm using didn't require this second step. Sorry about that. :)

No worries :) It's worth noting that with pretty much any addon you should upload the entire contents of the upload folder, as anything extra within that folder is usually needed to ensure the full functionality of that addon.

I did just that. I uploaded and unzipped your folder in cPanel and just drug the entire folder to add-ons.

Not sure why the JS files are separate from that folder. IDK, you're the boss and no what you're doing more than I ever will. LOL

just drug the entire folder to add-ons.

That's not quite right, you should upload the contents of the 'upload' folder, to the root of your XF installation, not direct to the add ons folder, otherwise you'll miss other files.

addon upload.png

Not sure why the JS files are separate from that folder

I believe it's because files can't be served directly from add on folders, so when the add on is built using the XF build process, any files that need to be served directly are written out to the appropriate folder outside of the add on directory.

You may want to look at enabling control panel installation so you can upload add on zip files direct from the admin control panel. More info in the manual here

:)

That's not quite right, you should upload the contents of the 'upload' folder, to the root of your XF installation, not direct to the add ons folder, otherwise you'll miss other files.

View attachment 241948

Hi @RobinHood I am really interested in this add-on, but when following your installation instructions I am asked if I want to overwrite the existing js and src files, so I got scared because I am just getting to know XF. So, before I go on, can I confirm it's OK to overwrite? There is no option to merge in my FTP client.

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it all out – upload the contents of js and src to the existing directories :) The add-on looks great!

Last edited:
@RobinHood Thanks for finding my bug report that was not a bug report (working as designed) I will download this add on tonight and install. This looks very promising as to what I was asking about. :)
You rock !!!
Kind Regards,
Spiro

Top Bottom