1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Profile Conditionals

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by AwesomeLucky, Jun 8, 2016.

1. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

I am trying to modify the "member_view" template to display information based on a particular staff position under the "Information" tab on the profile. This is what I have so far:

Code:
    Snipped

Doing this will provide the following:

I was trying to play around with the conditionals, however, I am failing. I want the aforementioned code to be displayed on a particular users profiles, based on UID, however, I also want it to be displayed to registered users as well at the same time. I don't want the code to be displayed on all profiles, just ones that fit a particular conditional.

Any help?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

To target the individual user profile that you're on you need to use $user. To target the actual person viewing the profile you need to use $visitor

So, if $user.user_id = x AND $visitor.user_id

3. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

I must be doing something wrong here when trying that, I am sure it's with the code I am using:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$user.user_id == 1716} AND {visitor.user_id}">
    blah blah blah
    </xen:if>

What am I doing wrong?

4. James

James Well-Known Member

Your visitor variable doesn't start with a $?

5. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

Sorry, that was my fault when I copied the code. The actual code did have it. I am still getting this error. Any ideas as to why?

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$user.user_id == 1716}" AND "{$visitor.user_id}">
    blah blah blah
    </xen:if>

6. James

James Well-Known Member

You've closed the conditionals with "" before and after the AND which could be throwing it off.

7. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

That's what I thought it was too, but it's not. I tried it a number of ways and it didn't work. I guess I will wait for others to pitch in as well. Thanks!

8. James

James Well-Known Member

It sounds like the placement may be an issue because the code should work. Is it inside a content check or anything that may be returning false?

Screenshot_20160608-181000.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  9. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

No, it's in-between a closing <div> and an opening <xen:if>. For testing purposes, I added the above code to the very top of the "member_view" template and I got the same syntax error that I have been getting.

10. James

James Well-Known Member

11. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

I see what I did, I had the UID inside the brackets. My code and yours is identical other than that. I got it working now.

12. James

James Well-Known Member

D'oh should've seen that in your code example and saved myself typing that out on mobile! Glad it's working.

13. AwesomeLucky

AwesomeLucky Member

Well, it's the smallest things that we often times over look. :whistle: Thanks for your help!